How successful can a slow team be?

If you control the ball well enough and defend deep against faster teams I don't see why they couldn't be successful. But better be really strong in other areas, heh and having a keeper thats really good with one-on-ones wouldn't hurt. Certainly don't need speed to score though, through balls score easy in the ME.

In other words a team with no fast players. Has anyne ever tried it?

I'm thinking of buying a team with all jumping 20...or as close to there as possible and seeing how far up the leagues that will work. Might need 1 or 2 short player to take the set pieces though

I'm thinking of buying a team with all jumping 20...or as close to there as possible and seeing how far up the leagues that will work. Might need 1 or 2 short player to take the set pieces though

I did something similar on FM10, got rid of all players under 6'4" and only signed players at that height or taller. We were pretty succesfull really.

I didn't pay attention to their jumping stats but I guess they were all pretty high.

Guest nik1313

can achieve only some domestic success in mid-low leagues. I mean there is no way you might become successfull in european cups with slow team/players. it would be a waste of time to try to compete against europe's giants with slow players in fm and irl

I did something similar on FM10, got rid of all players under 6'4" and only signed players at that height or taller. We were pretty succesfull really.

I didn't pay attention to their jumping stats but I guess they were all pretty high.

Very Pulis'esque :)

players with 17+ pace and acceleration can play great even tho the rest of the stats they have suck. so i doubt you will go far with a slow team.

This is true, i feel that pace is still too important in the game.

Specially in long-term games where the world is filled up with regens, the AI just builds teams with massive pace, on a 442 they don't use a big man/small man combo or a creative striker/poacher combo, they just put two strikers with massive pace up front, even their midfield they don't bother having a more defensive midfielder they just sign players with tons of pace.

I once thought of signing a team composed of players with great aggression,bravery,strength,determination to just win the games on the physical side but never end up trying it.

Archived