Strong DEFENCE & ATTACK - Sir Alex's 4-1-2-2-1 (patch 10.3)

Well accidentally i posted a rubbish post and i apologize to the moderators...it wasnt a post to make a joke thats for sure...

This is my new creation for this patch and the only one that im sure it fits my taste...

After many hours of testing with Wolves, making no transfers, i came to the conclusion that the 4-3-3 formation is the best for this patch to work...

My first goal was to make a very solid tactic. After achieving this my next step was to make the attack part which is the easiest part...

After a lot of testing with Wolves with my new 4-1-2-2-1, i started a new game with Gloucester in Blue SN. This is a screen of the first matches, i Know is too early to judje a tac but i had also great results with Wolves ...so i just couldnt wait to release it!! :)

23537716.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is the download link for you to test it

File name: Sir Alex's 4-1-2-2-1 (Wolves, Aug 2010).tac File size: 1.14 KB

I will analyze the tactic in my next post deeper to understand the way i created it and with more screens...

Lets anylize this....

To make the defence solid and aggressive, i decided to make the 4 back men to defend with the same mentality in order to keep the line in my zonal marking. The Full backs are very defensive when the team doesnt have possession, but they contribute nicely in the attacking part despite their defensive settings. The Center Backs have a little creativity freedom and their main purpose is to interrupt the opposite attack and clear the ball in a nonsense manner without wasting any time. For this i made their passing style to long, their Run with ball to rarely and their creativity freedom to little.

The DMC is clearly playing the role of the Archor man, so his main focus is to hold his position behind the MCs and help the back four by marking the space in front of them. His mentality is the same with his creativity freedom and with no runs at all, in order to keep his position. His role is to pass the ball with no time wasting to the more creative players.

The Defensive MC has about the same instructions with the DMC , except the part of the mentality and the creativity freedom which are a bit higher. He is the link between the defensive part and the attacking part of the team's play.

The attacking MC along with the greater mentality, has more runs in order to link the midfield with the attack.

82568456.jpg

The Wingers have a little higher position in the pitch than the attacking MC (the main purpose is to avoid having large spaces between the lines), and they like to attack the holes in the opposite defence. You will see that when attacking the wingers that dont have the ball like to hold a position in the box and waiting for a good cross too.

66404925.jpg

Now the Striker is the Target man and he maintains his position in front in order to be the main target in a counter attack. You ll notice that he is the only player that has the closing down to 'whole pitch'.

In conclusion, the strong point of this tac is its defence. The Zonal marking & the high defensive line, makes the players to tackle on the ball with aggression and making an instant counter. U will also notice that all the players (except from the target man), have a low closing down. This makes the team defend as a whole and winning the ball in most of the times. The passing is set to sort and the width to narrow . This increases the chance of a good and correct pass and therefore minimizing the mistakes..

31167856.jpg

Give it a try and im sure you will like it! Have fun;) Any questions are welcome.

match prep,oi,pitch size. what type of players do u kneed

I set the match prep to none as this option prepares the team in all the parts of play

The pitch size is set to the minimum , in order to prevent the holes between the lines and make the team defend as a unit.

The only thing to say about the type of players is to buy those with good speed! this enables the team to defend by marking thw whole pitch and making a good counter.

attempted to download but did not continue after AVG identified backdoor trojan other downloaders beware

Lol are u kidding m8?!? theres n trojan on this file no matter how many times u check it...

Archived