Yeah, like this would ever really happen!

Time to vent!

Pat Rice moves to Middlesbrough. Arsenal lost a key staff member (the assistant manager).

I have also lost some other important staff members to other english clubs, anyone else in the game losing key personal?

Time to vent!

Pat Rice moves to Middlesbrough. Arsenal lost a key staff member (the assistant manager).

I have also lost some other important staff members to other english clubs, anyone else in the game losing key personal?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Medicineman:

offer them a new contract when they get approached by another club and they usually accept yours </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will usually work, however if the club is bigger or the staff member is being offered a better role - coach to assistant or assistant to manager then you still may lose your staff member sadly.

Such is real life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Madisun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Medicineman:

offer them a new contract when they get approached by another club and they usually accept yours </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will usually work, however if the club is bigger or the staff member is being offered a better role - coach to assistant or assistant to manager then you still may lose your staff member sadly.

Such is real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very true

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numpty01:

Thanks for the sugestion, seems I wasn't quick enough, lost Pat to Middlesbrough, oh well, I will have to search for a new AM now. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try brian mclair, he's a collosal ass manager in mine, all the right attributes

If you've loaded some of the Spanish or Italian leagues, look at some of big teams staff - Inter/Milan/Barca/Real et al have some quite magnificent staff.

Obviously you'll have to throw money at them, but the Assistant role is so important that they tend to be worth it. Also, have a look at coaches too, most will consider an Assistant role too. Step up and all that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numpty01:

Thanks for the sugestion, seems I wasn't quick enough, lost Pat to Middlesbrough, oh well, I will have to search for a new AM now. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GET TONY ADAMS! icon_biggrin.gif

big tone is a legend!

i lost pat rice to bolton in fm07, got baresi instead. however, it was a very disruptive change, the team lost form big time. eventually, franco spoke english and the team responded positively.

i got tony adams as a coach 1st season.

Time to vent!

I have also lost some other important staff members to other english clubs, anyone else in the game losing key personal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does happen in real life. Clubs often poach managers and assistant managers. Just look at the well announced managerial go around in the Premiership.

Staff are just like players in that they want to make the step up to a higher level. Rice may have felt he had more prospects to make a name for himself at Boro than he did at Arsenal.

I meant to add that I lost my chief youth coach in my first season of my current game. He went to a premiership team and was even later sacked.

I now have a better youth set up than I could have hoped for and there are at least 4 or 5 players floating around may current U18s that look like they will definitely make the grade. Perhaps, I like to think, my replacement youth coach was better.

Perhaps your replacement for Pat Rice will be better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i usually get tony adams or burnsy (not becuase he died, getting a massive ammount of respect already doesnt need me to choose him on fm out respect its just because hes good.) or sometimes i go for paul ince, baldini is also decent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found Baldini to be pants as ass-man - his teamtalks were a broken record - "for the fans" home and away, and usually bereft of ideas for half-time - and his advice re team selection left a lot to be desired.

I replaced him with Dessaily, who is brilliant by 2015.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

I had Roberto Bonano when I was Basingstoke in Coca Cola League 2.

Quality Ass. Man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

Assistant managers do nothing different to ordinary coaches in the game so I wouldn't worry about it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Would you believe it...i;ve just lost Pat Rice to West Brom! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that mate, I ended up giving the job to Bould as he applied, Adams would have been excellent, but yet again my dementia got in the way.

I also agree that a assistant manager moving to a manager job is a move up but doesn't change the fact Arsenal (in game) lost a great assistant manager to a lesser club (ducks for cover...incoming) icon_wink.gif

Cheers

The most ridiculous thing I've seen is when my assistant manager at Lazio with a world class rep accepted a contract to become a coach at Athletic Bilbao. He didn't want to discuss new terms with me, the champions of Serie A, as assistant manager but was more than happy to move to a much lower rep team to be a coach?

Me confused. icon_confused.gif

I went through a season as Celtic with bloody premiership teams poaching off my coaches and ass man.

Got really annoyed, so I booted up FMM and hired an unproven Ass Man and pumped up his stats. Great stats, low reputation, no poaching. icon_wink.gif

Archived