This is going to come back to bite me in a bad way...

You ever think the game evens itself out over time? You score some own goals, own goals will be scored for you. You concede last minute winners, you will score some.

I'm over achieving in my current game and this due to the fact in the last 7 games or so I have scored 4 last minute winners (three of them back to back), won 2 matches with more goals than shots on target, no significant injuries for months and every one of my closest rivals bottling it.

Am I jammy or just a brilliant mananger?

You have most likely jinxed yourself with this thread. Expect bad luck, sorry.

Sometimes it does feel like the game evens itself out, I was predicted to finish 4th but somehow I found myself top of the league with 5 games to go and I had probably pushed my luck, and I ended up bottling it and finishing 3rd.

this is how football works IRL!!! what goes around comes around!

as a Man United fan, i get told a lot of bull**** of how united gets the decisions/got lucky scoring a late goal/ref on their side etc etc etc but thats just rubbish...when it goes uniteds way, opposition fans go crazy...yet when it goes against united they turn a blind eye!

football always evens itself out in the end!

I'm a United fan also, tell me about it. I had a shocking 6 month period the season before and it looked like I was going to be heading for relegation the the team managed to pull their fingers out. I am hoping this is my jamminess for that unlucky period. Just need to keep my **** together and grab another 6/7 wins and I think we'll be League 1 champs.

Yes i feel that the game evens itself out...ive played many seasons now with my Liverpool save and i am always always drawn against the big boys in the 3rd rd of the League cup/ Fa cup,im usually always drawn against premier opposition.

I had a good example last season in the champions league as TNS. Bayern scored a 96th minute goal to steal a 3-3 draw in Germany, and I was gutted. Two weeks later, my guy scored in the 94th to draw the game 2-2. Still got knocked out and finished bottom, but the money was good anyway.

Haha, United fans complaining that they don't get preferential treatment :D

OP - I was kind of like that. I had a wicked season, then the next year my star striker was out for 8 months with a viral infection, my 3rd choice striker broke his leg a week after the transfer window shut, and my 4th choice striker tore his hamstring.

The one remaining senior striker bottled it (he only plays well if his strike partner is playing well) and the season was a disaster. My top scorer was my attacking midfielder who I eventually had to play up front with 9 goals.

Archived