Richest club.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I don't really understand.

Barcelona? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean highest transfer budjet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy951:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I don't really understand.

Barcelona? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean highest transfer budjet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why the kittens didn't you ask that?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am so forgetful,england and italy only,sorry for being so forgetful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In England then it could be any of the big 4 and the same in italy I would imagine. Remember one thing thought it really depends on your expectations of winning the league or not. For example I took control of Man United and was asked about my chances of winning the league if I had chosen challengers I would have got 38m but since I am a confident arrogant sod I told the board I would win the league and got 43.5m

14 games in and I've yet to be beat and won the charity shield so perhaps my confidence is justified icon_wink.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy951:

Forgot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif You forgot to ask the question you made the thread for!?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Forgot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif You forgot to ask the question you made the thread for!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats really silly Tommy. icon_smile.gif

Queens Park Rangers are supposed to be the second richest club in England now. MK Dons are reasonabl

ye well off for a lower division teams as far as I am aware (though I may be wrong there).

Bournemouth are probably the third richest club in England (yes above ManUre) and guaranteed to reach the Premiership in 3 years.

Ok my ambition got ahead of me there...

I'd say go for QPR if you want something different with money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I do hope the other 950 Tommys are smarter than you icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am so forgetful,england and italy only,sorry for being so forgetful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In England then it could be any of the big 4 and the same in italy I would imagine. Remember one thing thought it really depends on your expectations of winning the league or not. For example I took control of Man United and was asked about my chances of winning the league if I had chosen challengers I would have got 38m but since I am a confident arrogant sod I told the board I would win the league and got 43.5m

14 games in and I've yet to be beat and won the charity shield so perhaps my confidence is justified icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you failed to win the league with the current Man Utd team plus £43m that would have to make you a very poor player! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you failed to win the league with the current Man Utd team plus £43m that would have to make you a very poor player! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I am. Quite frankly I find it hard to believe these people that post that they've won leage\league cup\fa cup\champions league\super cup multiple years in a row. They never post evidence they just brag. If they have done this then maybe Football Manager is not as realistic as SI want it to be because I cant think of a real life team thats won everything several years on the trot recently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you failed to win the league with the current Man Utd team plus £43m that would have to make you a very poor player! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I am. Quite frankly I find it hard to believe these people that post that they've won leage\league cup\fa cup\champions league\super cup multiple years in a row. They never post evidence they just brag. If they have done this then maybe Football Manager is not as realistic as SI want it to be because I cant think of a real life team thats won everything several years on the trot recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

Maybe I am. Quite frankly I find it hard to believe these people that post that they've won leage\league cup\fa cup\champions league\super cup multiple years in a row. They never post evidence they just brag. If they have done this then maybe Football Manager is not as realistic as SI want it to be because I cant think of a real life team thats won everything several years on the trot recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whilst I do third it, I am enjoying unprecedented success with my Man. United team. I say unprecedented because I never do this well, even with the very best teams. Thing is, I'm way too lazy to do the whole Photobucket thing to prove my success.

So what do you suggest? For the AI to start cheating in order to stop us from winning our 3rd CL in a row? If you have a good team you must be able to win it. If not, there's always next year. It is not an easy game at the moment and I don't want it to get any harder. We are going too far in the name of realism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I do hope the other 950 Tommys are smarter than you icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be those damn Kaminoins and there cloning facilities. They have obviosly not succeded in cloning yet as no 951 is stupid - lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So what do you suggest? For the AI to start cheating in order to stop us from winning our 3rd CL in a row? If you have a good team you must be able to win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was common knowledge that the AI did cheat icon_wink.gif. All I am really saying is that if people have really won the champions league in successive years then the game is probably not as realistic as SI want. Taking England and the top 4 clubs as an example how many of them have won it in successive seasons? None.

Fergie has won it once in his 20+ years at Man U.

Wenger has never done it.

Chelsea have never done it not even with the special one.

Only Liverpool have come close to doing it in successive seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So what do you suggest? For the AI to start cheating in order to stop us from winning our 3rd CL in a row? If you have a good team you must be able to win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was common knowledge that the AI did cheat icon_wink.gif. All I am really saying is that if people have really won the champions league in successive years then the game is probably not as realistic as SI want. Taking England and the top 4 clubs as an example how many of them have won it in successive seasons? None.

Fergie has won it once in his 20+ years at Man U.

Wenger has never done it.

Chelsea have never done it not even with the special one.

Only Liverpool have come close to doing it in successive seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry trekman but you are talking a load of rubbish - Liverpool and Nottm Forrest have won the European Cup/Champions League in consecutive seasons - Liverpool won it in 76/77 and 77/78 season and Forest in 78/79 & 79/80 season.

Real Madrid also won it 5 times in a row, Bayern Munich and Ajax 3 times in a row each, benfica, Inter and AC Milan 2 years in a row each.

So it does and has happened.

FM is a game where you should be able to win the league season after season, especially if you are Man Utd or Chelsea. If you win the league, you will get the most money and if you invest it wisely, you will only strengthen your team. After my third season with a team like Arsenal or Chelsea, I would be very surprised if I didn't win the league. This is one reason that I very rarely play with the top teams. Once you're there, there's nowhere else to go.

Also, as a Forest fan, I take umbrage at your comment about successive Champions Leagues. As has been mentioned, Clough's mighty team did it two years in a row, and went on a 42 game streak without defeat - something the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson couldn't do with 100s of Millions to spend. Come on Forest!!! icon_biggrin.gif

The games becomes much easier in 2030+.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry trekman but you are talking a load of rubbish - Liverpool and Nottm Forrest have won the European Cup/Champions League in consecutive seasons - Liverpool won it in 76/77 and 77/78 season and Forest in 78/79 & 79/80 season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am talking about the modern game since the creation of the champions league not how it was in the early 70's. Anyway I am far too young to remmember when Notts Forrest won anything icon_wink.gif. I can only just remember them being in the old 1st division and I've only ever seen clips of Martin O'neill playing for them and how long is it since he hung up his boots?

Archived