A Stadium Builder

The stadium building needs to be simple which was done excellently by LMA Manager 2002. It give you a selection of stand designs for North, South, East and West that had different looks and capacity. This let you alter and customize the look, size and capacity of your stadium. This however would be the easy part for SI.

The stadium builder would sink or swin dependant on the features around it. It would need an average attendance stat so you can judge whether its worth building a new stadium because teams that dont fill their current stadium wont build another. The real world stats can be used for this. It would also need to be able to get a loan from a bank and as an alternative allocate funds from your transfer budget over years to pay for the stadium.

This would help give FM the hierarchical nature it severly lacks compared to real Football. I think the FM series needs a little more emphasis on the financial aspect in general to help with realism.

This is a PSP version suggestion. I know NOTHING about FM on other platforms.

I know these things wont be possible on the current PSP's but maybe on the PSP2 and maybe if you like this suggestion you will develop this feature and roll it out on other versions of FM and my idea will launch FM to a new level of realism and immersion for the players then you could send me a big fat cheque as a thank you although I wont hold my breathe.

What do YOU think is this suggestion epic fail or epic win ?

Fair enough if this was an article but it isn't really so I feel people could comment on it in the other PSP suggestions threads (there is two).

On topic though I don't think a stadium builder like LMA's is needed though the system is a great idea as ground expansions/stand expansions could be possible as well as new stadiums and perhaps the options to choose two stadiums (e.g. 50,000 stadium for £1m with £10m budget every year or a 100,000 stadium for £4m with £2m budget every year) obviously this could present a more in depth game as attendance can link to budget so it is either planning ahead or short term.

tbh its not a feature I would be too bothered about, FMHi is made for quick play and building a stadium or stadium viewer is far from being a managment game, as I doubt Alex Ferguson has any say with regards to the planning or design of a stadium.

tbh its not a feature I would be too bothered about, FMHi is made for quick play and building a stadium or stadium viewer is far from being a managment game, as I doubt Alex Ferguson has any say with regards to the planning or design of a stadium.

- Hi. Erm. It wont noticeably slow the game down if its done well and it didn't on LMA Manager. Its not like expanding or building a stadium is something thats done regularly anyway. Thats a good point its the job of the manager to be involved in something like that but the good stuff it would bring will far outweigh that tiny inconsistency.

Have you guys played Trophy Manager? It's got a good function where it's basically a pixelled stadium, and you can expand the stands and stuff, and it takes time, and you watch the transformation. So, if you've got the money, you can change it from like a 18,000 seater, you can change the north west stand for instance, and that extends the population of the ground, but it lessens it while it's building?

Does that make sense?

I dont know why its such a wide spread issue about this not being a managers job to design and build a stadium. Who cares ?. Its not like Football Manager is so accurate and real anyway especially the handheld version that is subject to my comments. Its just some fun building or expanding a stadium, enjoying the features around that and this feature if done correctly making the game far more realistic. This is a WIN WIN.

The aim is to be realistic, when the PSP doesn't even have the power for a full 2D match what is the point in adding this in? It may be fun but for me requesting a stadium expansion/new one to the board is realistic and not harming memory so much for a feature that could only be used once or twice in 30 seasons that not everyone will use and something that will only change your game the same as a simple board request.

My opinion is this is near the bottom of my FMH expansion wants, sorry.

The aim is to be realistic, when the PSP doesn't even have the power for a full 2D match what is the point in adding this in? It may be fun but for me requesting a stadium expansion/new one to the board is realistic and not harming memory so much for a feature that could only be used once or twice in 30 seasons that not everyone will use and something that will only change your game the same as a simple board request. My opinion is this is near the bottom of my FMH expansion wants, sorry.

- I know the PSP is struggling for power. If you would have read the first opening post on this thread you would have seen me say " I know these things wont be possible on the current PSP's ... " this acknowledgment of better hardware is vital to this feature. The rest of your message is attacking this feature on current PSP so I have ignored it. I have added you to my ignore list so dont expect a response again on any other issue.

@ SI

- Thank You. The person who made the ignore list is my hero.

Daniel, face it, It's never going to happen. Not on any Handheld FM game. If it was going to happen it would be in the PC version but it is not.

Now, end this pointless discussion on a stadium builder, want to do that, get Google sketch up.

Ok Daniel, I won't miss your amazing posts and your trolling on here, a Man Utd forum and Youtube.

Obviously he cannot handle the truth, I wasn't saying it just on the PSP as on a whole it is a bad idea as it goes way from the realism the franchise wants to achieve and basically burns memory for something nothing less than a graphical feature and this memory could go to other features while adding the same thing too in terms of a board request which is more realistic.

Ok Daniel, I won't miss your amazing posts and your trolling on here, a Man Utd forum and Youtube.

Obviously he cannot handle the truth, I wasn't saying it just on the PSP as on a whole it is a bad idea as it goes way from the realism the franchise wants to achieve and basically burns memory for something nothing less than a graphical feature and this memory could go to other features while adding the same thing too in terms of a board request which is more realistic.

It's not really a bad idea, just something that isn't needed at present.

@ Searley95

" Daniel, face it, It's never going to happen. Not on any Handheld FM game "

- WOW. Why are you so absolute and negative ?. Why is it always you and Dec who are first to post on every thread and are always so aggressive ?. I want you to scroll up and look at the comment from Chris and take a look. The " its not needed " is stupid because there isn't anything thats needed FM is good at present but until recently I thought we were all the same boat wanting it to be better but clearly not. I thought you were better than this but you're like a Dec clone as in a poison spreading little idiot who just doesn't read comments properly ... well thats more him than you. The Man Utd forum was really simple a bunch of glory hunters started crying over my opinion on overseas fans. I spent more time there with those wretches than I wanted but things had to be settled and said. LIVE AND LEARN. I dont know what you mean about YouTube.

• SI Staff

I don't mind the idea of a stadium builder and if we ever include a 'chairman' style mode in FMH then I think it'd slot quite nicely into that .... however in the immediate future its not something I'm really considering tbh (got quite enough features already planned to keep us going for quite a few versions I'm afraid :D).

Wouldn't like to see it in any versions. The fact is, managers don't have a say in these kind fo things. I highly doubt you get Ferguson going to the Utd board and this happening;

Fergie: We need a new stadium

Board: No.

Fergie: I'm disappointed by your lack of ambition.

Board: Idc.

Same with Wenger, I doubt he ever had any sort of say in Arsenal building the Emirates. It's corporate decision and the stadiums gonna be there a lot longer than the managers are, so why would the board ever care what the manager things on that front?

The fact we can even request a new stadium, IMO, takes away realism from the game in itself. A stadium builder would do that even more. Besides the fact its a new feature that will no doubt be packed with bugs. I'd much rather SI concentrate on fixing what's already there than adding new features like this.

• SI Staff
The fact we can even request a new stadium, IMO, takes away realism from the game in itself.

I don't think the requests are at all unrealistic - managers often increase pressure on their boards (both publicly and privately) by requesting things; this is most commonly publicly the case with regards to transfer funds (ie. we need to sign a new left back or whatever) but I'd be surprised if managers don't also indicate that they could perform much better if they had better training facilities or whatever ....

• SI Staff

Daniel / Dec / etc. - I've removed a fair few posts from this thread.

Please drop it otherwise I'm going to start getting annoyed. I'm well aware of Daniels prior account so thats no revelation - however he's been behaving so far and as such he's welcome to post here. If anyone posts just to wind him up and attempt to encourage him to say something to get himself banned then they'll get a yellow card for "unsporting behaviour" .... lets all play nicely please.

(if anyone has complaints about this - please bear in mind this forum is NOT a democracy, its a benign dictatorship)

Manager really DO have something to say when it comes to a new stadium.

E.g.: KV Mechelen are having their second coach, pressuring the board for a new stadium. (Mechelen are now planning on building a new stadium ;))

Archived