Match Preparation?

just wondering guys if anyone out there use's this in a game to game basis or just leave it at one setting for large bulks of season, does any1 change it to focus on defending if they are playing against, chelsea, barca etc.... and attacking if they are playing weeker teams, does it actually work that way and if so do u have to prepare all week before a match or just do it when the scout report comes in, many thanks guys:D

The focus areas are really unclear, i have no idea if you have to set it in advance or if you set it the day of the match you still get the bonus. But I do change it on a match per match basis. Usually only switching between defense and offense settings. Don't bother with the set pieces as it strikes me as pointless. I do try to set my focus immediately after my last match however since it's so unclear when/how it takes effect.

I don't change based on the strength of the team I'm facing though, more so on their tactics. Like if a team places a 4-5-1 I'll focus on my attacking since my defense has fewer to deal with, but a 4-3-1-2 I'll do defense. I know my team can beat standard opposition, so that's why I try to weaken the opponents strengths. If I were managing a weaker team I'd base it on my teams weak points, probably go defense most of the time.

In preseason I use Team blend to help new players settle to the tactics faster. The rest of the time I've set it at either Defensive- or Attacking Positioning depending on my formation and tactics. For an offensive formation/tactic I use Defensive Positioning and vice versa.

Edit: The reason why I don't change it more often is because I can't be bothered. My Ass Man do the press conferences as well. It's going to be too much a repeating click fest for me if I should handle all that...

July-September: Team Blend

September-May: Defensive

From experience I find it easy to score plenty of goals despite not touching the attacking settings in the Match Preparation, whereas defending is a tad more difficult to master.

Because corners are easy and defensive AI is terrible.

Because corners are easy and defensive AI is terrible.

Yes, defending is flawed in FM11's ME unfortunately. And pace & acceleration are way overpowered making it easy to expoit the AI with fast strikers. IMHO Match Preperation will continue to be a semi-useless feature until those issues are addressed :(

I rotate depending on how my team play. When I start off I have it on team blend so they get used to my tactics quick. After that I will normally rotate between defensive/attacking set pieces and positioning. If I find I am having struggle scoring from either set pieces or open play I go attacking. If i find I am conceding too many I go defensive.

At the moment I havent conceded too many and I am alright up front. So I normally leave it on defensive set pieces (easiest way to blow a 1-0 lead after dominating a match for 90 mins IMO) and I can honestly say I can only remember conceding one goal from a set piece during my current season (I am like 30 games in).

lol.

i always leave it on low team blend all the way and change between offensive and defensive the day before the match.

during pre season its average team blend all the way.

is this correct?

i read somewhere match preparation only kicks in the day before the match.

Yes, defending is flawed in FM11's ME unfortunately. And pace & acceleration are way overpowered making it easy to expoit the AI with fast strikers. IMHO Match Preperation will continue to be a semi-useless feature until those issues are addressed :(

second that.

just get players like agbonlahor or benitez or chicharito(j.hernandez) and they will score and score. haha.

second that.

just get players like agbonlahor or benitez or chicharito(j.hernandez) and they will score and score. haha.

Agbonlahor even used to score 30+ goals for the ai in FM2010 so things have improved a bit. He only got 28 goals over 3 seasons for villa in my 11.3 save.

Archived