Agent fee workaround/bug

I don't like paying agents, I think the amount they ask for is parasitic.

If you negotiate a players wage demands etc. to a reasonable level, but are still unhappy with the agent fee, you can simply up the wages, signing on fee, bonuses slightley and completley take away the fee or reduce it to almost nothing and the agent usually accepts.

Not sure if this is a bug, or a good way of dealing with agents as far as realism goes.

If you negotiate a players wage demands etc. to a reasonable level, but are still unhappy with the agent fee, you can simply up the wages, signing on fee, bonuses slightley and completley take away the fee or reduce it to almost nothing and the agent usually accepts.

Not sure if this is a bug, or a good way of dealing with agents as far as realism goes.

I usually calculate what's going to cost more: paying my new signing an extra "X" amount per week, or just paying the agent an additional "Y" amount up front right now. It's almost always easier to pay the agent a nominal amount now, parasitic or no, so I take that route when available. Sometimes you can get away with almost too much that way, but if the player brings in a greedy agent, I'm going to exploit that greed.

It can work the other way as well, I tried to sign a player but he wanted 40k a week I could only offer 16k, I got him down to 25k but he wouldn't go any less. I had his agent fee on 200k I doubled it and he signed for 16k on a 3 year deal saving me 9k a week for 3 years.

It's unusual that managers get to deal with all the transfers, it's even more unrealistic that managers have to negotiate with the agents too. No matter what you do with agents, it's far from realism.

For me makes more sense in the long run to offer the agent that slight bit more and push player wages down, especially if they're asking for 20/30k more per week than what you were expecting to have to pay! Even on short term deals you will still probably save more from the wage drop than what u paid the agent.

You are probably paying a lot more by increasing the players wages and signing on fee.

I do the opposite - bump up the agents fee and take it from the players fee. Then I also reduce wages. 5k per week is 250k over a year.

a small tip-

make a bid cheap players who agents are caring. Give them big salary, big agent fee, and big signing fee etc. If a player accept the deal, cancel transfer. Try several times, agents will have a status 'Great respect' then you will get great discount from that agent.

Don't think that's a good idea. If you bump the player salary up, you're asking for trouble in the future when it comes to contract extensions or selling the player. Players tend to refuse new contracts with lower salary. Therefore, I always bump up the player and agent sign on fee to get a lower salary for greater flexibility going forward.

a small tip-

make a bid cheap players who agents are caring. Give them big salary, big agent fee, and big signing fee etc. If a player accept the deal, cancel transfer. Try several times, agents will have a status 'Great respect' then you will get great discount from that agent.

Thats a good sneaky tip actually!

I have worked out and mastered this fact, pay the agents more than they originally ask for, offer the player same amount to sign on, and offer the player fairly less in wages, sometimes up to 50% as much over a 3+ year deal.

Doing it this way, you should come out infront easily and save quite a bit of cash

a small tip-

no thankyou, the agent & player would clearly not negoitate with you due to previous breakdown in talks.

no thankyou, the agent & player would clearly not negoitate with you due to previous breakdown in talks.

There is no breakdown in talks with the agent though, so they don't seem to mind if you cancel the transfer later on (not that I exploit this).

Like a lot of others, I often give the agent a bit extra to reduce the wages or remove certain clauses from the contract.

Archived