Just a general query as to why certain players didnt want talks:

with me, I'm man utd and I'm just starting my second season on fm 11 in my first i won all the trophies but the FAcup and League cup, so im curious as to when i set out my 3 major transfer targets for my second season (Rodwell, De Gea and Phil Jones, neither of them were interested in opening contract talks with the reigning european chamopions!!!) anyone have any idea why this is???

thanks

Martin

P.S. i had agreed fees for all of them

also thought id put this out there , managed to sign Alexis Sanchez for 8 million bargain!

Because you're Man Utd. Huge pressure to succeed, high chances of an established better player being bought anytime in the future to replace them. They can stay where they are, be the best in the team, play 90% of the games a season, or risk a transfer to man utd, and playing half a season because you have other players there who are just as good.

De Gea would make sense tbh, he is a loyal Atl. Madrid player and will stay there as long as the club wants him at this point in time. In the future, he might transfer to the likes of Barcelona just like Villa did. About Rodwell and Phil Jones, they must have high loyalty values.

Note that Man Utd is the most hated club due to their success, so despite you being champions, sometimes it's just not enough to change a way a player thinks.

Archived