Scheduling reserve/u18 friendlies

you need to take control dont you and then look at their fixtures and click 'arrange friendly'

When I click arrange friendly and then choose opposition there is no 'propose friendly' option on any of the teams I've checked. But maybe I need to try taking control of the teams.

It looks like in order for the 'propose friendly' button to show up you have to be in control of the team.

That certainly isn't the case.

I've always assumed when "propose friendly" wasn't available it was becuase the team wasn't available at that time.

When are you trying to arrange one? Have you tried non-playable teams?

sorry, i didnt mean take control of the team you want to play against, i meant take control of your reserves.

Yea, that's what I meant, as well. :) I have definitely arranged youth & reserve friendlies without controlling them, even in mid-season.

As I understand it, non-playable leagues don't generate fixtures, so their teams are always available for friendlies.

The only problem I have arranging friendlies for my reserves (I've never tried for Under 18s) is that the list takes forever to load.

I go to the reserves fixture list, pick a date, click "arrange friendly" there's a drop down menu with "under 18s" and "other" as options. Picking "other" will give me (after quite a wait for loading) a list of all the teams in the game world. I then pick "show filters" untick the default "All nations" and choose England (or the country you're playing in, obviously). Another long wait and then I get a list of all the teams in England. After the first time it shows only English teams, so it's pick the date, under choose opposition it's "other", I initially get only the major teams but there's an option to show "All" and then I've got all English teams to pick from and the ones who don't have fixture of their own will always agree to play my reserves.

You don't need to be in control of the team to schedule reserve matches.

I remember that on Italy i could only schedule matches against other reserve teams, it didn't let me schedule matches against non-league teams, i normally bookmark one team from the Serie B from instance and then it's faster to access that team and their reserve squad to propose a friendly.

Yes, I was doing everything right. I think there was a bug or something.

I went into team settings and clicked 'control team' but forgot to click confirm. After I exited back out the 'propose friendly' button actually started showing up.

It doesn't have to be the reserve team of the opponent you click on. Once you click arrange friendly->choose other->pick a team there should be a propose friendly button there. For me, there wasn't until I messed around in team settings but forgot to confirm my changes.

• 1 month later...

If there is no reserve league there is no point in having a reserve team.

In fact its debatable if you need a reserve team even with a reserve league.

Just have your first team & your youth team. Anyone else sell them or loan them out to save the wages.

In Italy i bookmark a couple of teams to fastly schedule friendlies, i wish that there was a way that those bookmarked teams went to the friendly menu, it would be even faster.

This of course to keep backups of the first squad match fit or when a player comes back from an injury.

Archived