Long career

I was wondering alot of people do multiple careers in short amounts of time.

Do you sim the matches or do you actually play it all the time because it takes me like at least month if not more to complete a season?

Please let me know as i wish to speed up my progress

best way for career games is commentary only on first half on full speed (or until you give up too many goals) during matches you are expecting to win. SOOOO much faster when doing that during career games. Cup matches and big season matches are different. Can get through a year like Boughey said in about 24 hours.

It all depends on how you want to play the game I suppose!

I don't sim/commentary only any games, I watch the key highlights during all my games, the matches are the best part for me, I've always been more of a tactician manager!

I always play long career games, only had one save on FM09/FM10 so I'm happy playing the slow game, with complete immersion.

I'm not worried about the destination, I like to enjoy the journey.

Spot on. :thup:

If you rush it, you might spoil your save.

Just enjoy it and play at your own speed. Things like this can be so much more enjoyable if you take your time, in my opinion. After all, where are you rushing to get to?

It's sort of like skim reading a book to get to the end as quickly as possible but then missing out some of the best bits, only in Football Manager there is no end to get to!

My advice - live in the moment and stop thinking too far ahead. Enjoy the journey, as Kenco says, and stop fretting about the destination. Then you'll enjoy the game more.

At the very least, play at a speed that you are happy with and don't worry about what other people are doing. That's my opinion anyway. :)

Nothing I enjoy more than taking my time over my tactics for the next game, my line up for it. Or seriously taking far toooooooooo long to decide whether to sign that player or not, many times I stall on the confirm signing bit.

Taking my time is what makes the game so enjoyable, and as Kenco right says, its the journey!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived