Dubious goals panel?

The majority of own goals that I see occur are wrongly attributed. Most of the time the ball was already going in and there wasn't anything the defender could do about it.

Of course, this is probably something that is well known and to be fair it isn't game-breaking. But I was thinking that for these incidents you could have a 'dubious goals panel' which you control. Basically you can view the incident again and decide whether the goal should be given to the player who shot the ball or the defender that the ball hit.

I've explained a pretty simple idea quite badly there but you get the gist.

Thoughts?

I agree that many own goals are wrongly attributed, but I don't think the manager should decide. I think they could implement a dubious goals panel, or just get the decision right every time, but if the manager decided then I would think he'd be almost certain to give it to his striker every time.

i'd like the idea of being able to appeal them like red cards, but how rare is it about red card appeals going your way, would be better if they had it done automatically in the game so if the goal was going to be going in before it got a huge deflection then it was given to the person who struck the shot.

Something that i think needs to be addressed as it is frustrating have your player lose out on the golden boot because of a deflection that means that he wont be given the goal.

Letting the human decide wouldnt work though, and some people would undoubtedly abuse it to give a player more goals than they deserve - what's needed is just a system to decide how much of a deflection is enough to call it an "own goal". It obviously needs some tuning.

Letting the human decide wouldnt work though, and some people would undoubtedly abuse it to give a player more goals than they deserve - what's needed is just a system to decide how much of a deflection is enough to call it an "own goal". It obviously needs some tuning.

If they cannot get the tuning right, I think getting the goals right for most people is worth a few people misusing it. What's the worst that can happen if a human gives a player a few goals he probably shouldn't have got- he breaks a record he shouldn't have? If it makes people happy, then let them do that. I think the frustration people feel about not breaking a record they should have will be bigger than any harm done by people breaking records they shouldn't have.

Thing is though, the game should really fix it anyway, in RL managers dont decide who gets credit for the goal, nor should we - the game should get it right in the first place. In the meantime - it's not that big a deal till they get a system that works.

Archived