Unsackable option.

Would like to see this added to be honest. It´s only a game, and after years of building a team it can be really frustrating to be sacked for what feels is little reason. Just an idea, maybe it would ruin the realism for some, but I think it would be a nice option to have. Tick a box at the opening screen or something.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see this added to be honest. It´s only a game, and after years of building a team it can be really frustrating to be sacked for what feels is little reason. Just an idea, maybe it would ruin the realism for some, but I think it would be a nice option to have. Tick a box at the opening screen or something.

i think it's a good idea.If you can turn it on/off in the middle of a game though would be better.So you won't have to start a new game if you feel you want to be able to get sacked when you reach 2015 or something.

But the bugs need sorting quick before anything like this is even considered.

I can see why I or anyone would want to toggle an invincible option, where your un-sackable.

But where's the challenge or the risk involved. I would understand if there was a scenario such as a board take over they brought in say Jose Mourinho to replace you, with the game explaining this to you. Then that would make sense if you started the game as an unknown/inexperienced manager.

But some would use it I would presume. But there would be no pressure and no sense of achievement as the board/chairman/fans wouldn't sack you icon13.gif .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think getting sacked is part of the game and needs to stay, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how would a 'disable manager sackings' option make them any less "a part of the game"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But where's the challenge or the risk involved... ...But there would be no pressure and no sense of achievement as the board/chairman/fans wouldn't sack you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who says the proponents to this option want a challenge, risk, pressure, or sense of achievement more than they want a fun time playing their team of choice?

I'm just against on the principal that it makes the game unrealistic, not because it's a ppor idea but however you look at it it's basically a cheat like entering a code on certain games that makes you invincible for example. Where's the fun in completing something knowing you can't lose?

In fact...

As more and more people have requested similar things which aren't strictly 'simulation', maybe the entire reward system from the PSP version could be a tickable box?

ie:

Do the dommestic treble/win the league and continental cup and instantly get on the favorite personel list?

Win X number of trophies and get made honourary board member/buy out club so you can't get sacked?

Take charge of 500 games at a club and have your son come through the youth team?

It could just be a checkable box when you setup the game 'Reward system on/off?'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think getting sacked is part of the game and needs to stay, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how would a 'disable manager sackings' option make them any less "a part of the game"?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, when playing the game I want to know that if I perform badly there is a risk that I will get sacked, this is what makes it exciting. A 'disable manager sackings' option would remove that element of tension from the game for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, when playing the game I want to know that if I perform badly there is a risk that I will get sacked, this is what makes it exciting. A 'disable manager sackings' option would remove that element of tension from the game for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But my question still remains: How would this option make it any less a part of the game for you? What's preventing you, and everyone else opposed to the idea, from leaving the option turned off?

Afterall, that's the whole idea behind an option, isn't it? If you want to pick option A, don't circle option B.

But my question still remains: How would this option make it any less a part of the game for you? What's preventing you, and everyone else opposed to the idea, from leaving the option turned off?

Afterall, that's the whole idea behind an option, isn't it? If you want to pick option A, don't circle option B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion, making yourself unsackable is a cheat. I don't think cheats should come as part of the game, you should have to go out of your way to enable a cheat. If you really wanted to, I'm sure you could use a save game editor to 'unsack' yourself but I just don't think something like this belongs in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But where's the challenge or the risk involved... ...But there would be no pressure and no sense of achievement as the board/chairman/fans wouldn't sack you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who says the proponents to this option want a challenge, risk, pressure, or sense of achievement more than they want a fun time playing their team of choice?

Yeah, I understand that, if I'm in the mood, I like to have an option that gives me the option to be unsackable, have unlimited funds, etc.. etc.

But, I'm currently in the the mood, for trying to do well in the low division that I am in, I find beating teams, that are above me, with an injury ridden teams, and at times rejoice in wining runs, and surviving critism and harsh times.

But that's just my opinion after all. They'd include if though would, who'd use it in the long run, it would be a featured, feature on the box that would want be to purchase the next installement.

If want use it its up to however that does its their choice isn't it. The prospect of been undisposable will clearly allow you to enjoy the game, it would, but not for me.

Sorry my previous reply doesn't very well, thinking ahead and typing behind sorry.

*Slaps hand* must check the check before posting.

Yeah, I understand that, if I'm in the mood, I like to have an option that gives me the option to be unsackable, have unlimited funds, etc.. etc.

But, I'm currently in the the mood, for trying to do well in the low division that I am in, I find beating teams, that are above me, with an injury ridden teams, and at times rejoice in wining runs, and surviving critism and harsh times.

But that's just my opinion after all. Shall they happen to include it in the next edition, if they would, who'd use it in the long run?

Shall it be a feature in text on the back of the box, it would be a selling point I mean.

If want use it its up to however that does its their choice isn't it. The prospect of been undisposable will clearly allow you to enjoy the game, it would, but not for me.

it's obvious that the simulation route SI have taken doesn't suit everyone. but it suits me. i would rather they worked on existing bugs & the ME. there would probably be a reduction in sackings (and suggestions like this) if these were fixed anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Afterall, that's the whole idea behind an option, isn't it? If you want to pick option A, don't circle option B. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion, making yourself unsackable is a cheat. I don't think cheats should come as part of the game, you should have to go out of your way to enable a cheat. If you really wanted to, I'm sure you could use a save game editor to 'unsack' yourself but I just don't think something like this belongs in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can understand that yes.

I wouldn't use the option myself but to be honest i wouldn't mind if there was one.

We can cheat anyway if we really want to, so imo it's up to our selfs how we want to play the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sure you could use a save game editor to 'unsack' yourself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not entirely true. You may get sacked no matter what due to a take over. I, for one, don't like having to constantly reload games to fulfull my board's unrealistic expectations. Bam, turn on the unsackable option and I have some time to turn things around without reloading.

I think it's a great idea. If you have a problem with it, just don't use it. It gives newer players a chance to get the hang of the game without constant reloading and starting anew.

silly thing is, if you have the option turned on, what would make anyone think that they will turn things around? presumably, players would still have the "team has more potential than its showing" morale status. normal people would get fed up and leave the club, no?

unless you have the "players/fans/chairman are always happy with you" option turned on, of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

I think that it would ruin the whole purpose of the game - to experience what it's like to be a manager. And dafuge, when did you become moderator? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few days ago, for the challenges forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

sorry I misread the quote. What is a save game editor anyway??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an unofficial editor that can be used with save games, meaning you can change stuff in your game while playing it. I'm sure I've heard people mentioning using it to reverse sackings.

I have no problems anymore with the idea of an unsackable option (than can only be turned on when starting a new match, but can be turned off at any time).

If it'll make even 1 person more happy with the game then it's worth it imo. Would help a load with the learning curve as well.

I'm all for options. It wouldn't interfere at all for those who want to play "realistically", and would make people who only want to manage their club of choice happy.

As for this being a cheat, so is save/load. Some people do, some people don't, and everybody is enjoying their game.

As someone who would never use it under any circumstances I support the idea.

To be a game that everyone enjoys in their own way FM needs to cater for the huge number of people who don't want a completely realistic scenario.

The fact that FM Scout, modifiers and a whole forum on the editor exist proves that a huge number of people get their fun from removing many of the real life problems from the game.

It makes commercial sense to satisfy these fans if doing it doesn't compromise the game for the others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

I think that it would ruin the whole purpose of the game - to experience what it's like to be a manager. And dafuge, when did you become moderator? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few days ago, for the challenges forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh..might actually see some thinking being applied by a mod. icon14.gif

'akinek nem inge, ne vegye magara' ...as the saying goes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by super_lampard:

could be better is if you could have the option to plead with the board for your job if your about to get sacked or say i will definately get a result in my next match </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually ther already is such opštion. if you go to board screen you'll see options for expanding the stadium, renewing contract and others between which is the option that says something i can't remember at the moment but it goes something like "more time to rebuild the squad"

If you couldn't get sacked - what if you wanted a new job and resigned - only to find that all the other managers can't get sacked? And if you can't get sacked while the AI can, then I see that as cheating.

I don't see any need for this in the game - a good manager is unlikely to get sacked (and even if it's a bit buggy at the moment, the patch should make it realistic), and if you aren't managing well you get sacked. If you're not managing well, you can't have been very happy at the club - so you wouldn't mind being sacked.

First off, congratulations on your new mod-ship, dafuge. Well deserved!

However, on this issue I disagree with you.

If there were a "make me unsackable" option, I wouldn't use it - I like the threat and reward side of things.

However, I fully support it as a pre-game option, a checkbox.

If some folks want it, how does it harm my enjoyment for it to be there?

There's a whole psychology theory of risk/reward, and of course as you might expect, we tend to feel that the greater the risk, the greater the reward. However, the flip side of that is, different people have different needs, in terms of size-of-reward and frequency-of-victory.

One size doesn't really fit all.

You may fit into the high-confidence, high-risk, large-reward side of the equation, but surely it doesn't harm you in any way for somebody else to be able to select a lower-risk, lower-reward option?

My friend Robert and I play this game with very different mentalities.

I think of myself as a manager, and enjoy starting with a low reputation, and building myself up from unemployed or LLM circumstances, moving jobs if I feel its needed. Getting sacked, then, isn't the end of the world to me: its a forced move to a new club, but that's life.

Robert, however, thinks of himself as the club. He wants to take over the club, and manage it forever, whether that's to amazing glory or through abysmal failure. Getting sacked feels - to him - like a "Game Over" screen, the end of the world.

They're really two different ways of thinking about the game - and for the one, the idea of an "Unsackable" button is pretty laughable, while for the other, the idea of getting sacked is a bug, not a feature! icon_wink.gif

(Although, honestly, I don't see why he can't just instantiate a new manager, add the new manager as manager of the club, and move on - he must have some attachment to his manager-profile!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lif_andi:

Would like to see this added to be honest. It´s only a game, and after years of building a team it can be really frustrating to be sacked for what feels is little reason. Just an idea, maybe it would ruin the realism for some, but I think it would be a nice option to have. Tick a box at the opening screen or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could we also have a "win every game" option too?

icon_wink.gif

Put it in. I don't see why they shouldn't.

I wouldn't use it though. Takes away all the fun of the game. My current game, Started at rangers. Got sacked. Moved to wolves in league 1 at the time, got them promoted, 3rd in the championship, lost in playoff final. Now at Roma. I'm happy with the game as it is. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived