Bringing american players through youth set up in england

Hi

Im managing Aston villa (my team) and being part american i want to try and build an english/american team but need to know the best way to get americans to generate each season at the under 18s as its hard to get work permits for 16-21 year olds from america.

Thank

Jojo

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I'd recommend getting as many American scouts/coaches as you can, and an American feeder club. I doubt it'll be possible to get many Americans through your youth academy, but you might get 1 each year if you're lucky.

I don't know the best way, but in one of my saves as Spurs I got an American player who went on to play for English youth teams. I think it helps if your nationality is American and getting staff who are American/have lots of scouting knowledge of America.

I've done this through a editing process. I created an entire developmental division of American clubs in my fictional country. They don't play anyone other than each other, but the side effect has been world class american players who play throughout Europe as a result. The clubs are all technically based in my fictional country, but the stadiums are all in the U.S. It's a backdoor way, but it's pretty effective and is akin to a "real life" team investing in the country in some significant way (if you want to generate a rationalisation for it.)

Archived