RANT after playing with Fiorentina+Forest+chelsea in P3...i have to say P2 is better!

after playing with Fiorentina+Forest+chelsea in P3...i have to say P2 is better !

i feel that my defenders are much more smarter and more human in Patch 2.... in patch 3 it doesn't matter if your Def is world class or dirt poor ALL of them make the most shocking unreal mistakes regularly.

running AWAY from the ball......running AWAY from their marked man !!! and the worst, NOT RUNNING AT ALL, letting the player just run past him !!! WTF ????

in goal.... solid keepers make jaw dropping, comperter smashing mistakes way more in patch 3

and up front strikers with only the keeper to beat seem to pass it wide or wait till they get support !!!! why are they looking for support ??? WACK IT IN THE NET YOU SAP !!! this dose happen in patch 2 but not as much as P3...

and wide players that have an OPEN goal but at an angle, seem to completely scuff it into row z.....

and the 40 yard goals we all now of by now!

thats it, these are the things that have annoyed me in patch 3.....i have now re-downloaded P2 and it just feels and looks and flows much batter

thanks

From reading many of the threads on these forums, it seems as if there is a certain type of tactic that is causing these ME issues. It looks like tactics that have all defenders on very defensive duties / mentalities, with midfielders and attackers on aggressive ones, really struggle.

There are likely to be two reasons:

1: The mentality / duty gap opens up a lot of space in front of the back line. This results in the AI team having a lot of easy long shot opportunities and, especially if the user is overly high or overly low pressing, chaos in the back line as players either press nobody and retreat without tackling or rush away from their base positions to press the ball carrier, thus opening space for other players to move into

2: Attacking moves become very one dimensional as they are channeled through very few players, with nobody sitting deeper to provide alternative pass options and open angles / space for others attacking players to move into. A common result is the ball being quickly fed through to the FC who is forced to go alone because nobody else has caught up with play meaning he gets a lot of difficult and rushed 'one on ones'.

A lot of this type of play from such tactics is actually to be expected based on the AI tactical logic. Because many, if not all of, the exploitable holes have been closed, it is impossible to dominate the AI through one dimensional routes it cannot defend (especially the space through the centre of the DCs, which it has always struggled with previously). Instead, you have to work space and work on a variety of scoring options, which requires a far more holistic system.

Archived