Simulation vs 3D Engine experiment

Just been conducting a 10 game experiment and found the results quite interesting/suprising. I'm playing as Bury and I tend to dominate games and lose by the odd goal. So I decided to see if keeping the same line up and tactics and then going on holiday for 1 day so that the game is simulated would make a difference.

Over 10 games the results were as follows:

Watching in 3d match engine - W= 2 D= 1 L= 7

Simulated using same line ups and tactics - W= 8 D= 1 L= 1

Really the results should be pretty similar but when allowing the computer to take over the game I managed to have two 5-1 victories a 4-0 and two 3-0.

Any ideas why this makes such a difference? I know my squad is good but when playing in 3d they never achieve what they realistically should.

Assuming you are managing the match in the 3d and your Assistant is when you holiday, it simply illustrates how much better he is than you. He won't play the same tactics you do and will make a lot of dynamic decisions relating to the match situation.

Also, 10 games is a small sample size. That could easily be thrown by an injury to a star player, a few poor team talks, weather not suiting the tactic, a red card or penalty decision... unfortunately, it is very hard to get a decent sample size.

To be honest, what wwfan says is likely to be the main factor.

Assuming you are managing the match in the 3d and your Assistant is when you holiday, it simply illustrates how much better he is than you. He won't play the same tactics you do and will make a lot of dynamic decisions relating to the match situation.

Burn......

Results will also be caculated slightly differently without the human interaction, i am sure i read somewhere that holidaying a game means the result comes more from the reputation than anything else, much like it does when calulating results from non active leagues.

Results will also be caculated slightly differently without the human interaction, i am sure i read somewhere that holidaying a game means the result comes more from the reputation than anything else, much like it does when calulating results from non active leagues.

Reputation determined results only affect non active leagues. If the league is active, then the ME plays out virtual matches behind the scenes. If that were not the case, it would be impossible to soak the ME.

Archived