Game involving FM community

Hi guys, as of late I've struggled with FM11. I do not know why but I'm just not enjoying it. I've started probably over a hundred games but I seldom finish more than half a season before I grow bored. On some games I do well on others I do really poor, but even if I'm top of the league dominating everyone I still get bored.

This is however not a whinefest on how poor FM11 is (It's actually a very good game!), instead it's me trying to find a way to enjoy FM11 more. I need something to push me past the point where I get bored so that I can an epic save on FM11 as well. Like I've had on every FM games there has ever been.

Thats why I have a suggestin for the community and I do hope that there are some of you guys that will like this idea and want to help me.

I'm also a CIV5 player and I use to visit CIV5 forums to read savestories. What they do there is that the gamer inveolves the forum community when making decisions. They vote on city placements, build orders and so on.

And I though that this might be a way for me to push myself past the boring part.

I'm thinking of creating a career update where you guys will decide what tactics I will use, you will decide my training regimes, who I buy and so on.

I will take charge of the matches of course and decide which of the three predetermined tactics that will work best against that particular team, I will be in charge of team talks and who plays. Everything else is up to you guys. Do I accept a job offer? You decide.

So what do you say guys. Anyone that would like to participate in a project like this?

If you want a more interactive experience with FM, why wouldn't you try Football Manager Live?(http://www.footballmanagerlive.com/)

I know it isn't for all FM2011 managers- there is no editor, its is real time seasons, it is a lot more competitive than FM2011 as it is against 'real people' around the world -&- winning is not guaranteed. You actually have to be the best.

It is the same ME as FM2011 and costs £5 a month with various upgrades during the year free- so worth a look if only for 1 month.

Frankly, since I started playing FML in 2009 I have only spent around 4 or 5 hours on FM. For anyone that wants to move to the next level, I would highly recommend (those of us on FML- most of which play both games- can't believe more FM2011 addicts don't play it :thup: )

Alternatively, if you are finding the game that boring it may be best to take a break for a while instead of endlessly starting new games. Put it back on the shelf for a month and then come back to it, you might find a renewed interest.

I don't think you guys understood my intention. I'm not seeking a challenge, and i'm not finding the game boring. The problem is not the game the problem is that I get bored because I've not managed to find that one team that I want to play with. I haven't found the X factor the one that makes me play a journeyman save.

Also I want to be more involved in the community. I work with databases and a lot of what I do at work is just waiting for a database to download. In short I have a lot of time to kill and this could be a good way to kill those hours. But I do not want to just start a career update here. I want to involve people. I want debate and I want to learn, because I'm not the best at this game to be honest. I used to be really good at the older versions but since FM09 I've not been able to do as well as I used to.

But the point is I don't want someone to tell me what I need to do or read some tread that some guy has written to learn what I need. I want to learn as I play. I want to hear peoples opinion on why we play the way we are and I want some other guy to disagree with the way we play and tell us why.

In short I do not want to play the game alone. I want us to play the game.

Im the manager and the rest of you is my ass managers. I will post monthly updates on how we are doing. Screen shots of possible signings and so on. If we for instance need to strenghten at left back, I will provide three or four possible signings and we vote on who we should sign. Each vote lasts for 24 hours and if noe one has voted by the deadline I as manager can choose the one I want. And thats the way we do it on all major desicions.

What do you guys think? Is this a good idea. Is there anyone that would be interested in participating? Because I wount do it of no one is interested.

You clearly said in your OP that you grow bored after half a season, hence why people interpret that as you getting bored with the game. For me it's not really about finding one team to have an enjoyable game with, I find I can get into the game with any team because it's the game that I enjoy.

But on to your main point, fair enough if you want to involve the community, but you should start a thread in the CSE forum which is the place to get people to sign up and be involved in your game.

Sorry if I was unclear. That was not my intention.

I do not think the game is boring at all, but I do get bored because I find that I'm not as emotionally involved as I used to be. I always find the one team that I love to play with and stick with it. In 08 it was Oxford. Before that it was Rushden, on 10 it was West Brom. The problem is that I've not found that one team on FM11 yet. And I feel that I need a kick start to find that team. I need something that makes me stick with it through the part were I get bored. I thought about just doing a career update, but I don't think that would be enough and I would not learn anything doing that so thats way I thought about creating a game where I involve other people that play FM too. Also because not one of my friends play it so I tend to be pretty alone in my obsession. Great way to get to know people here on the forum.

I've created a tread about this on the career update forum as well. its here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/260588-Where-to-go-from-here-You-decide!

Well I think CSE Forum would be more appropriate than the Careers Forum, as you want people to sign-up and get involved. CSE is a very good forum, full of friendly people who are always up for a different challenge.

I play Civ 5 too, more so Civ 4 until they sort the game out, however I don't think that will happen until the first full expansion sadly! Civ is the only PC game that can get me off FM!

I know this is slightly off the topic you originally posted, but I understand what you mean, and it made me want to ask you something that I find common in all my FM/Civ 5 & 4 games....

It usually takes me at least 1 full season to get proper hooked on FM, (and I'm a one save per version player, only had one save in each of the last 3 versions). I think this is because the team isn't mine until I've made a few signings, bought through a few youngsters so on and so forth. This is also similar in my Civ playing, until the first few cities are set, the first few techs discovered I find it difficult to get into the game fully, met some other Civ's, you get the picture.

So just my theory is that you may not be allowing yourself to get fully into the game as your not letting yourself have a chance.

Good idea tho, I often frequent the Civ forums, and read the posts you mention!

Archived