"When you're playing well everything goes right for you" "winning is a habit"

"you make your own luck" "a sign of champions is winning without playing well"

Has FM written into it these and other bogus clichés?

It seems if a team goes on a run, especially at start of season, of 4 or 5 wins, even against weaker teams, they pretty much are set up to dominate the league, even if they are 4th or 5th best team in the league. They never lose games where they dominate, and consistently win marginal games whether or not they have classic "match winners" in their team, playing regularly. Goals fly in from players with little long shot ability, everyone plays at well beyond their ability on a consistent basis.

In my game in 2010-11 season in Serie A, Juventus started out by winning their first 6 games, and now they are 23-2-2 or something like that. Iaquinta has 24 goals in 22 games. Against me he played like a mix of Ibrahimovic, Drogba and Trezeguet at his peak. Every game I feel like I see him knocking in a brace, and often enough neither were clear cut chances. And though we dominated both games against Juve, we lost 2-0 away and drew 1-1 at home.

Is this avoidable? Playing as Roma I am third, and have no complaints about that, we're having a good season. But it's more than a little demoralising when it seems like a quirk of the game is making Juventus run away with the title.

Archived