League & Cup bonuses - do they affect player performance?

Do these pre-season bonus schemes have any affect on match-day? So would setting a High League Bonus and a Low Cup Bonus mean the players will try harder in the league and not give a toss about the cup? Or is this option purely for financial reasons only and have no impact on players morale/confidence/performance.

It's something I've wondered for a while but never thought to ask. Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks in advance :D:cool:

Well, for starters if you set low bonuses all-around, players will get ****ed off and have low morale for ages. So, I'd say it does impact morale, but I don't know if it specifically targets that one competition flawlessly.

I always set High Cup and League bonus and once I have done this there are always at least half a dozen players making positive comments and it seems to give morale a boost.

This. Generally speaking, though, it seems to help with morale, which in turn seems to help with match performance...so indirectly, yes, it's helpful.

I usually leave league bonus' as Normal, while giving a high cup bonus. The Cup bonus is in general a lot lower than the league bonus (Highest rise I've seen is about £300,000, while the league bonus can be a few million £'s) so I'm still getting that small boost in morale for a relatively low cost.

I usually leave league bonus' as Normal, while giving a high cup bonus. The Cup bonus is in general a lot lower than the league bonus (Highest rise I've seen is about £300,000, while the league bonus can be a few million £'s) so I'm still getting that small boost in morale for a relatively low cost.

:thup: this is what i do...

however, when ive been at a clubs where every penny counts (and sometimes when im just feeling mean) i'll set the bonuses to low...with mixed results. Sometimes i'll have a couple of players chirp up about it but it doesnt seriously affect morale...nothing that a few wins and praise wont sort out anyway!

But do you find your team underperforming in the league as a result? I can see how it affects morale but I was more concerned with whether or not it affects match-day performances for each particular competition.

Whilst I'm here... (I could start a new thread but I'll see if anyone can help here first) - I've just been promoted from the Southern Premier League with Banbury United and we are now playing in the Blue Square North... how does this work? Southern... to North. Confused.com! :confused:

Archived