The 3 Muskeeters (4-3-3), good success.... but help me make it better!

Yeah, it's a good tactic that has helped me win trophies by scoring **** loads of goals...... but there is one thing that bothers me about it! And that is, at times, this tactic dosen't neccessarly play free fluid football. Sometimes this tactic will go 10, 15, 20 odd minutes without doing anything. (So basicly, if you are watching it using "Key" highlight, nothing comes up for a while.)

Anyway, I just thought I should share it for you get your opinions about it and perhaps some tweeking to solve the above problem.

I'll show you few screen shots of the season that I've just finished and then I'll comments about this tactic into more detail.

Anyway....

The tactic

http://img128.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-20747/loc98/331475251_table_122_98lo.JPG

This season just finished

http://img128.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-20747/loc98/331475251_table_122_98lo.JPG

Overview of player stats -

http://img14.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-10362/loc566/331478904_tactics_122_566lo.JPG

Average rating

http://img245.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=331448563_averagerating_122_443lo.JPG

Team of the season

http://img227.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=331482102_teamofseason_122_150lo.JPG

Top goalscorers from the past season

http://img229.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=331485858_topgoalscorers_122_26lo.JPG

Past success

http://img247.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=331470705_pastwinners_122_56lo.JPG

The tactic is probably most likely to work in a standard sized pitch, although if you want to try it in a different size then go ahead... because I don't know if it will work or not. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. The match preparation I left it at team blend... but once again, I haven't tried the other options, so I'm not going to say it won't work with them.

The kind of player you would need...

obviously a good GK.

The fullbacks are a vital part of this team, they provide the extra men and width going forward. So, in addition to the basic

defensive qualities you would need, they also need to be a good crosser, good stamina and work rate.

As for the CBs, I build my defence around having a good marking, tackling, heading, jumping, strength and also good aggression.

This combination of attributes works like a dream in winning the ball back and allowing the front 6 to build on from there.

The middle CM is the ball winning midfielder, needs to have work rate, passing, tackling, strength, aggression and also

a little bit of creativity would be great since he has the licence to put through balls.

The RCM and LCM are both advanced playmakers, so they need good attacking skills, in particular good passing with creativity.

Good finishing is also handy, since they will be get in at the end of chances quite regulary.

The 3 forward, or 3 musketeers ;) , basicly they all need to have good finishing, compsure (lots of one-on-ones), passing, crossing

and pace. The middle CF will probably be your main star (Cavani), but the other 2 forwards will also get their fair share

of goals and chances.

I hope if you decide to test the tacic that it will come off for you, but one thing you need to note.... this napoli

team has been together for a while now, so they have strong understanding. I can't promise this tactic will hit it off

from the start.

One last thing, team and talk and OI......... just do what you normally do.

Anyway, here's the tactic -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HCKXQNV0

cheers.

I've played about 5 games with it so far, it's looking good. I've had a 7-0 win, a 4-1 away with 10 men for 80 minutes, a 2-0 and a 2-2 away against stronger opposition. I've also lost to Shakhtar and Barcelona, but I'm playing as a Hungarian team and they're quite out of our league. One question though, wouldn't it be a good idea to put the ball winning midfielder in the dm position? Sometimes my midfielders get caught in possession and it would be nice to have some cover behind them. I guess I'll give it a shot.

I've played about 5 games with it so far, it's looking good. I've had a 7-0 win, a 4-1 away with 10 men for 80 minutes, a 2-0 and a 2-2 away against stronger opposition. I've also lost to Shakhtar and Barcelona, but I'm playing as a Hungarian team and they're quite out of our league. One question though, wouldn't it be a good idea to put the ball winning midfielder in the dm position? Sometimes my midfielders get caught in possession and it would be nice to have some cover behind them. I guess I'll give it a shot.

I don't like that shape. I also want the ball winning midfielder to score 2 or 3 goals a season.... in the DM position he would have no chance. The cover is provided by the CM anyway...... i mean that's why his mentality is set to defensive.

PS, when you go down to ten men, i found out that if you play 432, then that;s probably the best option. Scariface one of the forwards and just play 2 upfront. Make sure one of the forwards is a deep lying forward though.

glad you like it my friend. It still bothers me that it dosen't always play free fluid football....... but ah well, if you're scoring so many goals, then I guess it dosent matter that much. lol

BTW, that regen, was he playing at the centre of the forward three?

Anyone else tried this?

Yes, he was the middle one. I also abused corners with him a bit, cause I couldn't resist the temptation :D It would have been around 30 total goals without that. The right side guy got 20 goals, the left one around 15 in 30 games.

yeah, the leftsided one kinda seems to get less goals than the other 2, but nonetheless. he's still important and gets in quite few number of crosses.

I dont like abusing corners. (i take it you mean corners into the far post.). I'd rather win matches winning the beautifull way. :D

this tactic is legit, seems the left striker doesnt score as much though compared to the middle man and the right striker

im managing Lyon I have Benzema on the left, and Hamdi Salihi of all ppl on the right...hes been my main scorer after the first 7 games

still a solid tactic, 7 games in my third season only drew one game and I had 5 first teamers gone because they were playing in the olympics

anyone had any luck in making this tactic a little bit smoother in terms of creating chances. sometimes it goes 10,15, 20 minutes without doing something.

I haven't tried your tactic but I still try to help, in general. If the strikers have Run Forward Sometimes/Often, I often find that they are easier to mark! Have you ever played against a team having their strikers coming deep to get the ball and there's nothing you can do about it? If you want possession football, all your strikers need to make themselves more available to the midfielders, and to do that set Run From Deep to Rarely, as well as giving them a Mentality that makes them less "stressed out". Max attacking mentality is meant as a last resort towards the end of a game only - as they will shoot from all angles and any range instead of making the best choice.

In other words, by the sound of your problem, it seems to me that your strikers are too aggressive, "butting their heads" into offside or a defender instead of making themselves available for a pass.

If this wasn't helpful, I am sorry I wasted your time :)

well.... it seems to have worked! I think there's more action now. Although I wouldn't say my strikers are neccessarly getting more goals.

I'll carry one testing it further and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little update from my Hungarian team. The guy I've posted before now has 2 European golden boots, he's been the top scorer in the CL, we are currently on a 70 game unbeaten streak in the league, we've had a 47-game winning streak in all competitions, 2 CL titles, and a bunch of other trophies and awards. All this with a squad whose average age is 22, and my total spending is 14 million pounds 10 years into the game. I think it's safe to say that this is the best tactic I've tried for this year's FM. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived