Joint managers

Why would you do that as far as Im aware you can only have 1 manager as he/she is the one in charge. I may bve wrong but I have never heard of a club having 2 mangers. I have heard of a club having 2 assistant mangers though

Why would you do that as far as Im aware you can only have 1 manager as he/she is the one in charge. I may bve wrong but I have never heard of a club having 2 mangers. I have heard of a club having 2 assistant mangers though

It can happen :D - Click here

Not sure this would work in game though :/

Barrow AFC have had 2 managers since 2007. It seems to be working quite well imo.

Surely everyone remembers when Roy Evans and Gerrard Houllier were joint managers at Liverpool??

It happens so rarely and would be so difficult to implement that I can't see any need for it in FM.

Im sure liverpool had 2 managers at one point in the mid-late 90's?

look about three up its the Evans & Houllier role, before Evans left, as for having it in game not sure how to do it or how it could be implemented either as how would the game pick if a club whould have multiple managers,

Here in the Eredivisie (maybe not a topclass league, but our 'highest' one...) we have a team, NAC Breda, who currently have two managers (or joint managers): Karelse and Aandewiel.

I believe in the FM-database Aandewiel is their manager and Karelse his assistant.

I do agree that it's a rare thing, though (and therefore not that important).

What is far more common, at least in the Netherlands, is that there is more than one assistant manager. Most of the time one is a club legend (for long term stability) and another is a 'confidence-man' of the manager.

For example: Martin Jol had his brother Cook* at Ajax besides 'club-man' Danny Blind and Michel Preud'homme at FC Twente has both Schreuder (Dutch assistant who played for Twente) and a Belgian guy (Daerden).

Even our national team has two assistants at the moment: Cocu and Faber (he replaced Frank de Boer, who is now manager at Ajax).

I've never been able to hire more than one in FM...

* Replace the last 'o; with a 'c' (it's automatically censored for some reason :D, but it is truly his name) - I know it's extremely funny in English ;)

Only if the editor allows you to add two managers to a club. If it does, then SI have already "implemented" it. If you can't then they haven't, and you won't be able to until they do.

Yeah.. But he just asked if he would be able to do it :D

but your missing the point, if the game does not support two managers then having the editor will do no good at all because you couldnt add a second manager to a team.

But does it actually support it? I didnt think it would but I could be wrong....

Archived