Player reputation and merchandising.

just a couple of questions ive wondered for a while now that i cant seem to find an answer for.

1) what reputation does a player need to be a "major benefit to all merchandising sales"

2) without 3rd party tools, how do you know when a player reaches this milestone

3) is there anyway to know, work out or see how the merchandising money is being brought in

thanks

~~Stevie G~~

1 - I would think the player would have to be higher reputation than the clubs itself or maybe even sign Park Ji-Sung which cause this with Japan.

2 - The milestone, if you mean 100th time and etc, you can check on his history and it occassionally appear on pre-match notes.

3 - go on finance and you can see how much money you are earning..

I am guessing the player would have to continental or above for this to work. Say saying Ji- Sung who has a major following in Japan would being a bust to the sales of your shirts in Japan. He just has to be a star for the country's national team, the big players are usually stated on the home page of the national team, whether is happens if you buy any of them I don't know as on FM11 I haven't managed out of the lower leagues yet. Plus if you sign a player who is big in Europe for a European team it doesn't seem to work from what I have noticed. Usually best signing big players from other continents, on other FMs had success when managing European sides when I bought superstars from South American/Asian countries

When does a player reach this point? Can't say but would guess when he is one of the star players for a country/rep is continental/world class and not a clue to see how much the brought in.. only basic way would be compare last years figure to the current figure

1) It would be relative to your club surely? But ordinarily, i've only ever seen a handful of signed players; those with a 'Worldwide' reputation and even then it was a massive player. I've signed Kaka for Inter Milan and didn't see anything. I've signed Fabregas for Barcelona and didn't see anything.

As for star players from USA, Japan, China etc, they do nothing or very little in terms of Merchandise sales, even if an affiliate club from his home nation is in place. Those affiliate clubs in general also do little to bring in extra Merchandise income on their own. Theres no breakdown of how the merchandise revenue is gained and most is just guesswork; you'll notice a small peak on the graph in the summer, presumably when shirts are sold!

Its an area that still needs a lot of work, it's changed little since FM09 and theres still a lot of assumptions of how it works.

1) It would be relative to your club surely? But ordinarily, i've only ever seen a handful of signed players; those with a 'Worldwide' reputation and even then it was a massive player. I've signed Kaka for Inter Milan and didn't see anything. I've signed Fabregas for Barcelona and didn't see anything.

As for star players from USA, Japan, China etc, they do nothing or very little in terms of Merchandise sales, even if an affiliate club from his home nation is in place. Those affiliate clubs in general also do little to bring in extra Merchandise income on their own. Theres no breakdown of how the merchandise revenue is gained and most is just guesswork; you'll notice a small peak on the graph in the summer, presumably when shirts are sold!

Its an area that still needs a lot of work, it's changed little since FM09 and theres still a lot of assumptions of how it works.

This shows it is relative. Because playing in the MLS I've noticed a number of quality players I sign get a very warm welcome regardless of being pretty much unknowns internationally and certainly not stars.

Archived