friends letting players go cheaper ?

im interested in this. i ran a quick test with the birmingham manager. i kept praising him until i was on his favoured personel. they had a promising youth keeper i wanted who was in their reserves. they agreed to sell him to me, for a bit over what my scout advised. didnt seem to save much money tbh.

I don't think this necessarily means 'cheaper'. It just means that other club manager will not turn down your bid, but is open to negotiations at least. Or that he doesn't reject your bid because club 'don't want to sell to rival' although your clubs are rivals. The point is that they're more willing to enter negotiations. Transfer money is still just pure business and good relationship doesn't give you any advantage there.

Think SAF and Bruce, for example. SAF is much more likely to discuss a possible loan or transfer with Bruce than with another manager because they have a good relationship (one assumes). That doesn't mean he'll sell the players well below market value or anything. But much more willing to reach a deal if the terms are sensible. Quite a few United players have gone on loan at or been sold to clubs with ex-United managers.

Just like SAF loaned out players to Preston and then recalled them when his son was fired as manager. I'm sure that the relationship between the two helped Darren acquire the loan services of the players in the first place.

Archived