Looking Disinterested

I'm having a lot of problems right now with players 'looking disinterested' during important league games.

For example - I'm playing as Fulham and our opponents are Wigan. We're not on a great run of form and are lying mid-table early in the season. We're playing away and are very narrow favourites for the game, yet two of my players are 'looking disinterested' right out of the gate. There was nothing in the AssMan's pre-match advice about players looking over-confident.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can deal with it, especially if the AssMan isn't telling me about it before the match starts to let me handle it with pre-match team talks?

It normally happens when you use "you can win" or "wish luck" on players that have good morale though you do say that you are not on a great run of form.

It also depends on their personality, some players will react to team talks different than others..

Also what's the man management of your ass.man? In my experience if it's too low he will often not notice complacency.

I could be wrong but...

I think its all tied into how you handle press conferences. If you say you are confident of a win whilst being favourites, and then use We can Win this it has the effect of making some players think the win will come without trying. Try playing down your teams chances in the press conference (as long as youre only slight favourites) then choose we can win this.

Archived