11.3 new youth

hi guys,

well, finally finished my first season with the 11.3 patch, had my new youth intake, and decided to search for the next Messi.

Having checked the youth "at most" age 16, out of the top 33 regen players with a £value, 29 of them were french.....Am i missing something?

I have most of the main europe leagues loaded, large database, with no attribute masking.

now i know the value doesn't mean they are all the "best" players, but i find it incredible that so many of the highest value players come from one country.

It's been like this since before 11.3. Someone once suggested on here that it was something about French youngsters turning pro earlier, but tbh I never really checked myself.

ahhh ok mate, so it could be quite misleading then if that is the case

evertonmarc, it could go down to your scouting knowledge. A day after youth intake you don't find anybody. You can't even see player values on U-19 team screens. Obviously these players won't show up on your search screen as well. In case you did run your search let's say, a week after youth intake, I assume you have better scouting knowledge about France (or some scout(s) actively scouting there) so French youth are better represented.

Also you have to remember, that youth intake dates are different in each country.

But I also have seen that French teams have more 14-15 yo players (could be the case of becoming pro earlier) and FM regards young age very highly when calculating player value. So practically every 14yo player ever coming up to youth ranks would probably rated for £1m at least.

i noticed an abundance of french talent too but as my scouting network got bigger i got more quality players from other nations currently have wonderkids from Ghana and Trinadad at the moment, so they get more varied as your scouting knowledge comes up :)

the french teams have state of the art youth facilities which will mean the youth players they produce are going to be mainly a higher standerd than serbian players, this is also the case with teams from brazil and argentina

Archived