English club research vacancies for FM2009 - updated 16/06

• SI Staff

We are looking out for experienced FM gamers to research their favourite team for FM2009, our next release. Applicants will have both a huge passion for and extensive knowledge of their club. Vacancies are for the following English clubs:

Bury

Crawley Town

Farsley Celtic

Morecambe

Wrexham

Would any objective season ticket holder or regular matchgoer like to help? The task involves giving as-accurate-as-possible ratings to every aspect of each player’s game, including reserves and youth players, plus keeping us up to date of all transfers at the club, as well as their financial position. In fact, if it is in the database for your club, we want your help to keep it updated! We would expect you to consider yourself THE authority on your club, rather than being a passive observer of them.

The work involves a thrice-yearly thorough working through of the data file, using a provided editing package that is simple to use.

The rest of the year, we obviously need to be kept up to date with transfers and contract news, as well as info on the club debts/finances, so that every bit of information that FM uses about your club is as accurate as it can be. That is the task of the researcher to provide the info, and to be up to date with the news there.

So, it will be the appointed researcher's call as to how your manager's designated formations, or your first-team goalkeeper's decisions attribute read in FM2009. We do need that person to follow (or watch, if possible) the reserves so that we can accurately simulate their abilities in our game too. We would prefer the researcher to be a local to the town, to be best positioned to attend as many games as possible.

In the last year we have successfully appointed new researchers for many clubs, including a large majority of those from appeals to these forums.

We do not pay, unfortunately, though we do provide a free advanced copy of FM2009, as well as integrate all researchers to our research team.

Please email me if you are in a position to lend a hand. Your help would be much appreciated.

Gripper

English Research team

Sports Interactive

dean.gripton@sigames.com

* If you are interested in contributing to research for clubs lower than the Conference (Blue Square Premier), a list of such vacancies will be posted shortly. Please email me in the meantime.

(edit 16/06 to update the club list)

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Paulyg1991ha:

do yas no how 2 play online

Welcome to the SI forums Paulyg1991ha.

There is a separate forum for FM Online, and this thread details all the beginner needs to know about online play.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by GoodIdea:

Do you need anyone to do Marine? I done it two years back, but, Ben the arse, didnt update marine.

What was your username at the time? rico, or something like that, wasn't it?

Originally posted by Adam~!:

I'd be a huge help for Nottingham Forest, especially with the youngsters - some of the stats this past few years have been dreadful, especially with PA.

Yet youve never ever posted in the Data Issue forums to highlight these issues to the Forest Researcher?

Is it possible to get the names of all the current researchers for the clubs. I would love to know who my home town of Barnsley is doing their research.

I would absolutely love to do a job like that, even without any payment.

Good luck to all who apply! icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

Adam~! and Lordy.

Thank you for your posts.

If there is any aspect of the data for your clubs, please post in the appropriate data thread that can be found in the Data Issues forum.

Guest bambi273

May I be so bold as to ask who is researching for Exeter City?

It's just that last season's research wasn't too good!

• SI Staff
Originally posted by bambi273:

May I be so bold as to ask who is researching for Exeter City?

It's just that last season's research wasn't too good!

If you think the research is not good, then post in the appropriate club Data Issues thread to state what exactly you think is not correct. Of course, you have also had the benefit of four months' worth of football to review since the last time that the researcherts assessed the squad icon_wink.gif

Nobody has posted in the Exeter City thread since October, indicating that no obvious errors have been made (differences of opinion about a player's ability do not constitute a data 'error', but are of course worth debating).

• SI Staff
Originally posted by TimNCarrington:

I could do Harrogate Town as the research on this club is pretty poor.

Again, I do not see posts from you in the non-league data thread complaining about Harrogate data. There is a researcher for that club and I know he is regularly in touch with the non-league research team.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by xFeaReDxSHaDoWx:

Well i can Do research on welsh premier teams, its a tiny league, with rules that have been wrong on fm i do belive and also chairmen status has changed on many clubs but not on the actually game since fm05

The problems with the Welsh data have been discussed in the Wales Data Issues thread, and moves have been made to ensure that better data and testing is in place for FM09. Feel free to go there and offer your services.

• SI Staff

Current Non-League Research Vacancy List for Blue Square South and Isthmian Feeder Leagues

BSS

Basingstoke Town

Bishops Stortford

<STRIKE>Bognor Regis Town</STRIKE>

Bromley

Cambridge City

Eastbourne Borough

Eastleigh

Fisher Athletic

Hayes & Yeading United

St. Albans City

<STRIKE>Sutton United</STRIKE>

Thurrock

<STRIKE>Weston-super-Mare</STRIKE>

Isthmian Premier

AFC Hornchurch

<STRIKE>Ashford Town (Mdx)</STRIKE>

East Thurrock United

Folkestone Invicta

<STRIKE>Harlow Town</STRIKE>

Horsham

Leyton

Staines Town

Wealdstone

I am still yet to have a confirmation on Harrow Borough, Hastings United and Tonbridge Angels.

Isthmian Divison One North and South any applicants are wanted except from Dover Athletic, Kingstonian, Waltham Forest, Ware and Worthing.

Anyone interested please feel free and e-mail me at tom_laskowski@btinternet.com

(Edit Gripper 30/09 - updated club list)

Originally posted by Laskowski:

I am still yet to have a confirmation on Harrow Borough, Hastings United, Maidstone United and Tonbridge Angels.

Isthmian Divison One North and South any applicants are wanted except from Ware and Worthing.

Anyone interested please feel free and e-mail me at tom_laskowski@btinternet.com

I have chatted to the Maidstone United researcher who is not sure about the research but i am interested instead so i have passed my details onto him incase he decides against it

Originally posted by spider90:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laskowski:

I am still yet to have a confirmation on Harrow Borough, Hastings United, Maidstone United and Tonbridge Angels.

Isthmian Divison One North and South any applicants are wanted except from Ware and Worthing.

I have chatted to the Maidstone United researcher who is not sure about the research but i am interested instead so i have passed my details onto him incase he decides against it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have just emailed you in relation to the research for Maidstone United

• SI Staff
Originally posted by lilad22:

Is there a vacancy for Leicester city?

No, hence them being absent from the list of vacancies.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Midfield_Dynamo:

For Notts County I'd recommend a lad called Jacob, aka 'County_Til_I_Die' - he's been a regular on FM/CM4rums for god knows how long, and was also a regular on other forums.

Thanks for the recommendation. Jacob did indeed do that job for us for FM2006, but withdrew after that edition.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

Gripper is anyone doing stevenage borough? If so who is?

Yes, someone is. A reliable person called Stuart who has personal contacts with many people at the club. If there are any data issues you have with that club's data then please use the Data Issues forum thread here.

• SI Staff

Please, if there is not a club listed in the vacancy list, it means there is a researcher for that club. If you wish to copmment on any of the data for any club, go to the Data Issues thread and follow the link from this sticky..

Originally posted by Gripper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoodIdea:

Do you need anyone to do Marine? I done it two years back, but, Ben the arse, didnt update marine.

What was your username at the time? rico, or something like that, wasn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it was.

Originally posted by Roman Bednar:

If the West Brom 1 ever pops up remember me I go home and away every week.

Who does it at the moment or can you not say? There's a few little things such as Leon Barnett is not left footed icon_razz.gif

Read all Gripper's posts and you'll know what to do about your thoughts.

Hi Guys,

I know it's not on the list, but if anyone ever needs help or assistance with either Wolverhampton Wanderers or Shrewsbury Town, they are my teams, I follow them as much as my finances and time allow, and know both clubs inside out - prob Shrewsbury moreso than Wolves if I had to say one...

Originally posted by Mr Brightside:

Hi Guys,

I know it's not on the list, but if anyone ever needs help or assistance with either Wolverhampton Wanderers or Shrewsbury Town, they are my teams, I follow them as much as my finances and time allow, and know both clubs inside out - prob Shrewsbury moreso than Wolves if I had to say one...

I'm the Wolves Researcher - if you ever want to comment on Wolves regarding things you believe are incorrect you can do so here

Hi, Im a season ticket holder with Swansea City and have been addicated to fm and championship manager back in the day for a number of years. It would be amazing to work on the new game and especailly being involved in the stats of my home club.

Please get back to me if this is still available.

Thanks Chris

Isthmian Divison One North and South any applicants are wanted except from Dover Athletic, Kingstonian, Waltham Forest, Ware and Worthing.

QUOTE]

Tom, Have just sent you an email regarding research for Canvey Island.

• SI Staff

A lot of people are either posting here or emailing me regarding researcher clubs that are not listed here. That's great enthusiasm!

If a club is not listed here, it means we are happy with the current researcher and that there is no vacancy.

Please, if you are interested in contributing to the data for such clubs, you are best served by posting your observations and thoughts in the appropriate club data thread in the Data Issues forum. You can find that list here.

Current Non-League Research Vacancy List for Southern League

Southern League Premier

Bashley

Bedford Town

Brackley Town

Bromsgrove Rovers

Corby Town

Cheshunt

Clevedon Town

Cirencester Town

Hemel Hempstead

Mangotsfield United

Team Bath

Yate Town

Southern League Midlands

Aylesbury United *

Barton Rovers

Bishops Cleeve

Cinderford Town

Chasetown

Chesham United

Dunstable Town

Evesham United

Leighton Town

Malvern Town

Romulus

Rothwell Town

Rushall Olympic

Sutton Coldfield Town

Stourport Swifts

Stourbridge

Willenhall Town

Woodford United

I am still yet to have a response from the current Aylesbury Utd researcher so position may become available soon

Southern League South & West

Andover

AFC Hayes

Abingdon Utd

Burnham

Bridgwater Town

Bracknell Town

Didcot Town

Fleet Town

Gosport Borough

Hillingdon Borough

Marlow