poacher mentality?

i often play 1 up top and normally use advanced foward get about 20 goals a season usually but recently got huntelaar and thought give poacher a go seen as he has perfect stats apart from pace now i no the usual settings people go for are low closing down wide play normal and maybe high creative freedom but wether i give him 14,16,18,20 for mentality he still dont seem to do the business and ive even tried playing sergio canales amc support behind him so just wondering what do you guys usualy set up when deploying a poacher ?

i often play 1 up top and normally use advanced foward get about 20 goals a season usually but recently got huntelaar and thought give poacher a go seen as he has perfect stats apart from pace now i no the usual settings people go for are low closing down wide play normal and maybe high creative freedom but wether i give him 14,16,18,20 for mentality he still dont seem to do the business and ive even tried playing sergio canales amc support behind him so just wondering what do you guys usualy set up when deploying a poacher ?

Won't he try dribble too much? I guess the defenders/defending is pretty bad in 11.3 so maybe he'll still beat a lot of em.

highest possible mentality, and forward runs on rare for Huntelaar, you want him as close to goal as possible

Forward runs on rare for a poacher??

A poacher's basic job is to make runs off the last man but seriously Huntelaar is not a poacher and playing one up front you you would be better off with a more supporting player. I would suggest keeping Huntelaar but use him as a supporting complete forward or target man.

i usually put it on 20/20 mentality because i want whoever is there being on the last defender and hopefully in on goal 1 vs 1 and huntelaar not a poacher have u seen his stats 20 finishing 20 off the ball 20 composure as well as good decisions and first touch

Archived