Mexico foreign player limit

So i'm looking to start a game in Mexico at some point but I'm not sure on the foreign player policy. You can have 5 foreign players in your team which is fine, but I can't figure out what nationalities of players I am actually allowed to sign. I would have assumed it was any player with a North American nationality, but when I try to sign them it comes up saying it will use a foreign player useage, so i'm a bit baffled to be honest. Any help would be great, and also what leagues would be best to load to get the best experience.

Cheers.

Cheers, I did have a read through that before I posted this thread, but I didn't really find it answered my question. I guess i'll just have to load the leagues that guy suggested and then take it from there.

Cheers, I did have a read through that before I posted this thread, but I didn't really find it answered my question. I guess i'll just have to load the leagues that guy suggested and then take it from there.

How about PM'ing SMPL? I'm sure he would help and maybe ask him to include it in the OP?

Well the thing is, is that there is no system in the Americas like the free movement of people rules in the EU, so unfortunately any player who doesn't have Mexican nationality is going to be counted as foreign when looking at the limits.

Your best bet would be to find out about Mexican naturalisation rules, and see if there are any countries where you can get Mexican nationality quicker than normal (basically see if Mexico has similar rules to the Spanish rules re their former colonies), and buy from those countries if you want foreigners.

At least the Lebertadores doesn't require nationality restrictions so you'll be all right there.

Well the thing is, is that there is no system in the Americas like the free movement of people rules in the EU, so unfortunately any player who doesn't have Mexican nationality is going to be counted as foreign when looking at the limits.

Your best bet would be to find out about Mexican naturalisation rules, and see if there are any countries where you can get Mexican nationality quicker than normal (basically see if Mexico has similar rules to the Spanish rules re their former colonies), and buy from those countries if you want foreigners.

At least the Lebertadores doesn't require nationality restrictions so you'll be all right there.

I appreciate the reply, it was a lot of help! It looks like it takes 5 years of continuous residence before you can be apply to be a naturalised Mexican. I'm not sure how I would go about finding out countries which may gain Mexican nationality quicker, though. Maybe i'll just stick to the Mexicans! Adds to the challenge I suppose, eh.

I'd say look up the local Mexican Embassy website, or google "Mexican naturalisation rules". They should sort you out for IRL, and FM tries to follow IRL as much as possible.

TBH, the EU situation is pretty unique in the world, there is no other trading block of nations which'll allow people to freely move from nation to nation. The best you'll get is easier visa requirements of a blind eye shown when rules are violated.

Archived