Board Unwilling

I have been manager at Blackburn for 3 seasons and the last two whenever I have made a request for further finances or for example i requested a youth programme to be set up which ended up being cancelled.

I no longer have the funds to sign new players despite selling players generating over £20m.

Is there any likelyhood that a takeover will happen anytime soon as it is now 2014 and it is clear the chairman does not have the finances to take the club in the same direction the league performances have been showing. Is there a way to get a takeover to happen? and should I move on if i still do not get the finances required?

This happened to me when I was managing Corinthians, when I joined they gave me 38mill to spend but nothing in my 2nd season nor the start of my third apart from around 500k. I asked the board for further transfer money as the bank balance was 60mill. They said they would but nothing ever appeared, they did though increase the transfer percentage buy 15 per cent but it didnt equate to much. I eventually left Corinthians as had won the league twice and the Copa Liboratordes once and felt I couldnt do much more with them especially with no financial backing

I wonder if some chairman have personalities that make them lie to the manager on these requests.

Nope, my wages are below the limit, and I'm only getting like 5m to spend, and none of it is coming back to me despite requests for transfer revenue.

Are you spending a lot on staff wages?

Has the stadium been expanded recently?

Archived