Quirkiest CM/FM bugs

To put it simply, what can you recall throughout the series as being the strangest bugs to appear in CM/FM?

My favourites are:

CM01/02 pre-final patch: The forever-expanding Italian and Brazilian stadia. 690,000 crowds for World Cup matches came as a result.

CM4: Northwich Victoria's 4-million seat stadium

FM06: West Germany playing friendlies

FM09: The Soviet businessmen-led club takeovers

Any recollections?

i forget which fm it was but in cup games if you lost sometimes and for some reason you would go through?!?! anyone remember that?

yea that was hilarious, it would get penalty shootout result the wrong way round, nearly had a fit the first time it happened to me

p.s. think it was fm08 possibly 07 otherwise

The free transfer bug in CM4.

Essentially after an offer you made for a player had been accepted, but before you had offered the contract, you could go and edit your offer, so reduce it to £0, and then offer the contract. If the player accepted the contract then the transfer would go through for the new value that you had set in the offer.

in fm 2009 fm2010 and 2011, clubs that are not english buy expensive players and not playing them.

in fm2010, italian clubs pays way too expensive for co-ownership and never bother to buy the other half.

in fm2011, it's spanish turn. the minimum fee clause is not in. and in fm2011 finally the AI know which club is human managed club now. human manager clubs don't have expensive offers, but AI clubs still do.

in fm2011, thr assistant manager CAN give you his feedback, but CANNOT appplied them as when you press the ask assistant button nothing will happen.

Not sure which game, poss FM08: Give x amount of players free transfer and then retire or resign as manager of the club and the board wouldn't block it and the players would still be free transferred. Once did it to the Arsenal first team. Bankrupted them and watched them 'do a Leeds.' Now that was fun.

in one of the older versions there was a bug where if you signed players and paid the fee over a period of months you would get the money rather than pay it out, i cant remember which version, but i remember my barcelona team ending up with a £500m balance after 3 years despite spending hundreds of millions each year.

Not sure which fm, maybe 2006

Loan a player

Set a future fee of £0

Players club agrees ( not checking the future fee amount )

After the loan, the player will move to you for £0

You could get really good players for nothing.

In CM Italia the results of the First Round second leg Coppa Italia (ie aggregate scores) would be available before the second leg had been played. The game would then be played and would finish with the aggregate score displayed before the game was played. Pre-determined results, much?

In one of the CM2 series, there was an artificial salary cap of 50,000 pounds - you couldn't offer any more than those wages but AI clubs could. (This was later fixed in a patch, but still very frustrating for those without internet!)

Loan a player

Set a future fee of £0

That was from CM 03/04. You could basically sign every player listed on loan for free.

Loan a player

Set a future fee of £0

I can remember doing this one :)

In a few versions of FM, you can build your team in MLS off waiver scraps from other teams. Got a little boring though after winning every game though...

I also miss the days when I could offer any player a $0 signing on fee and they would sign with me. :(

Archived