If I send an 18 year old player on loan to another country, will it affect HG status?

Let me rephrase my question, I'm sorry.

I bought a player at the age of 18. I plan to send him on loan to another club for a year. As it requires 3 of training to gain HG status, be it nation or club, sending him on loan for a year means he will not train at my club for 1 year. Does this mean he will not attain the status of Home Grown in club?

Okay nevermind. I think aussieant32 answered my question. :)

I bought a player at the age of 18. I plan to send him on loan to another club for a year. As it requires 3 of training to gain HG status, be it nation or club, sending him on loan for a year means he will not train at my club for 1 year. Does this mean he will not attain the status of Home Grown in club?

ok, the rule is trained at nation, not trained at club for being counted as home grown

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I didn't quite catch you here. Could you explain?

well, take englad for example, to be 'home grown' the player must have played/trained for a team in the english or welsh FA for 3 years between the ages of 15-21. Now, i would imagine, that if you bought him from italy at 18, and 30 days later sent him on loan to spain for 12 months, and then kept him at your club after the loan spell, by the time he hits 21 he would have played in england or wales for 2 years and 30 days, thus making him ineligable.

Thats how i thought it worked, granted i dont follow english football so i can not be certain.

Are you referrig to england?

from my experience is hes still on your clubs books and registed as your player so loaning makes little difference as hes still your player and by the time he is 21 he should be fine to be classed as home grown.

Trained at nation is he has to be trained in the nation you playing for three years between 15 and 21 so for example say tottenham have a right back come through their youth academy at 16 if you sign him at 18 he will be classed as trained at nation by the time hes 19, then trained as club if he stays on your clubs books till hes 21.

Trained at club he has to have trained at your club for three years between 15 and 21 birthdays so no transfers.

Where did you sign him from? If he was already 18 and you signed him from abroad, then there is no way he can gain HG status before reaching 21, so you may as well send him out on loan. He needs to have 3 years of playing in your country before reaching 21 to gain HG for nation.

Oh, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer.

I'm managing Real Madrid, and I signed a player at the age of 17. He should be getting his "Trained at Club" status by the age of 20 or 21. If I were to send him on loan to another club, let's say, Blackburn, I suppose he will no longer attain the Trained at Club status, right?

Oh, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer.

I'm managing Real Madrid, and I signed a player at the age of 17. He should be getting his "Trained at Club" status by the age of 20 or 21. If I were to send him on loan to another club, let's say, Blackburn, I suppose he will no longer attain the Trained at Club status, right?

No, he will miss out on any progress towards trained at club and trained in nation, because he is training at Blackburn for the duration of the loan. Only way to get this is to keep him at your club.

Archived