Dzeko - Yay or nay?

So, 3rd season as Man Utd manager and Dzeko is leaving Wolfsburg on a free transfer. AC Milan have shown a bit of interest, but nobodys put in a contract offer (unrealistic, but not the point).

I currently have Rooney, Rossi, Hernandez, Marcheda all banging in goals (Rooney the regular, the others on rotation). I also have six or seven hot prospects, but not getting regular games (Wickham, Castinagos, Welbeck etc.)

I don't NEED Dzeko, and I don't really have room for him without making the other strikers unhappy/pointless. However, he's a world class strikers for free and really can't decide whether to pass it up or not?

While that sounds delicious, I then have the problem that my wingers would get less games...

If any of the strikers were near retirement age, it would be an easier choice but I flogged Berbatov ages ago.

I thought about that, but I know that once I've got him and I hit a rough patch I'll end up playing him, he'll end up scoring and my other strikers who don't deserve it will be out the team. I don't think I'm ruthless enough.

Bring him in, and unless he plays brilliantly, sell him for massive profit. Still reminds me of a game ages ago, can't remember which edition, where I got Guti on free transfer, and in the same window, Real Madrid bid 8 million for him. So I'd made 8 mill - the signing fee and a months wages. Result.

Archived