FM 12: A new feature which I think should be implemented.

I recently applied for the Blackburn job after having spent 15 years in charge of Inter. I wanted to take a step down and try and build a broken team as they've been flirting with relegation for years. I was declined, and they hired a brand new manager, complete lack of experience in a regen who had played for Everton instead of me, a multi title winning coach. Why?

The same thing happened when I applied for the West Ham job, they gave it to a no one.

After some thought, I realised that it may because they'd expect me to demand high wages and it's a good chance that their chairman have a low ambition stat.

What I would like to see is a job interview feature put in. The club ask you questions on what you want and expect to bring to the club as well as ironing out financial details. Also, an explanation as to why you are unsuccessful in applying for a job.

It's purely an idea in the rough but does anyone else agree that this would be a positive step forward? It would also give you a chance to try and push above your weight in terms of managerial positions and try to convince a club to hire you.

The interview idea has been put forward before, I think there would be a lot of support for it but it would need to be done properly, and not like press conferences now where it's the same 6 questions every game. As long as there's a fair amount of variation, I think it'd be good.

The interview idea has been put forward before, I think there would be a lot of support for it but it would need to be done properly, and not like press conferences now where it's the same 6 questions every game. As long as there's a fair amount of variation, I think it'd be good.

Still even a very basic and, if you will, mechanical interview could work...

Just think of questions about your goals in terms of:

tactics (ie. offensive/defensive etc)

market (ie. stars/prospects, expensive/cheap, "here-and-now" success/long-term building)

expectations (ie. profit/club development/silverware)

even a rather "lazy" 5-answers system would be enough to tell the board what you want to achieve there, and it could spare you the pain of having to deal with a stingy and unambitious board, and them the annoyance of having you asking for more money to buy players the board don't really want...

If you feel the board aren't ambitious enough, you can turn back down

If the board feel the game's not worth the candle, so they'd rather go for a FRED (who'll probably waste a lot of funds anyway but that's another story)

I recently applied for the Blackburn job after having spent 15 years in charge of Inter. I wanted to take a step down and try and build a broken team as they've been flirting with relegation for years. I was declined, and they hired a brand new manager, complete lack of experience in a regen who had played for Everton instead of me, a multi title winning coach. Why?

The same thing happened when I applied for the West Ham job, they gave it to a no one.

After some thought, I realised that it may because they'd expect me to demand high wages and it's a good chance that their chairman have a low ambition stat.

What I would like to see is a job interview feature put in. The club ask you questions on what you want and expect to bring to the club as well as ironing out financial details. Also, an explanation as to why you are unsuccessful in applying for a job.

It's purely an idea in the rough but does anyone else agree that this would be a positive step forward? It would also give you a chance to try and push above your weight in terms of managerial positions and try to convince a club to hire you.

Although it might be a good idea with what you are suggesting, I'm more concerned that this is even happening at all. In my wildest fantasies I couldn't image a club wouldn't at least try to offer a contract, seeing as you took time out of your busy schedule to offer yourself to the club...

Nothing personal against anyone, but I think this is honestly a pointless idea that doesn't really add anything to the game. If they want to spend time with more interaction then they need to spend it making the team talks, player interaction, and press conferences have more depth because they are honestly very shallow and boring to many.

If there weren't existing features that needed so much work I would be ok with something like this, but it adds nothing serious to the game and would be as half baked and shallow as the existing interaction systems simply because they don't have time to do it with the needed depth.

Edit: BTW, as for the part of not getting the jobs and it not making sense... I've heard others talking about the same thing and when I started an unemployed save I couldn't get any of the available jobs. There seems to be a bug with job applications being accepted in 11.3.

This is a good idea, it's been mentioned loads before with a lot of positive feedback. Managers get interviewed in real life so why not on here? If they put enough variation of questions in it could be good. If they did it so whatever the ambitions of the chairman meant what questions they asked and what questions would please them or please them but would to another chairman.

Would need to be quite detailed but I'd love to see it.

This is a good idea, it's been mentioned loads before with a lot of positive feedback. Managers get interviewed in real life so why not on here? If they put enough variation of questions in it could be good. If they did it so whatever the ambitions of the chairman meant what questions they asked and what questions would please them or please them but would to another chairman.

Would need to be quite detailed but I'd love to see it.

There also doesn't need to be a huge variety in questions because you likely only going to go to a few interviews unlike the match interviews which happen before and after every single game.

Yeah I agree, this would be a good option, but again would have to be done right. I mean if the board are worried you would ask for too high a wage packet and you are interviewed....you would just say you'd work for free no? Not very realistic (unless your Walter Smith).

A multi-award winning manager would be very unlikely to quit a high performing club to a relegation candidate in real life. Maybe it would be different if the club in question was previously chosen as the managers favourite club or something.

I dont know, im just blabbing on...

Archived