Giving an Explanation

something i would welcome with open arms in fm 2012 is the ability to explain certain actions. like with an agent who's set the wage request too high, i would like to be able to tell them that the wage they have requested is just not possible...and other things along a similar line.

definately, like the fact you'll have to play a reserve team in the league cup because you've got a crunch match in the league 3 days later

or being able to set you're own expectations for all competitions at the start of the season not just the league

Agreed!

All of my recent transfers "hit out at me" just as I forced them out of the club... Or my left-back criticized me on the club's offical website because I loaned Necid out for the season...

Of course I had no chance to explain the players I had to sell were on ridicously high wages (I inherited from the previous management) AND they refused a wage cut AND they also were mad at me when I told them I needed the funds.

About Necid, he had been ineffective last season and he doesn't really fit in my new tactical setup... I get 2M for the loan and I can sign a more suitable striker...

All of that just because my lousy board gave me a 4M transfter budget... I wonder what happened to the 80M we get from the TV deals :(

And that's just a couple of fresh examples of the interaction system being one-sided and totally inadequate.

good post, great idea it just needs to be implemented properly, just makes me wonder if this level of complexity is plausible at this point. It would be easy to implement explanations into the game but the knock on effects factored in with everything else maybe not so much.

Like i said i love the idea and hope that the player/media interaction module is something (along with the match engine) that SI spend a lot of time on over the next few years

Archived