Why does noone want him?

Hi all,

This is my first ever post on here, however I have been playing since 97/98 so familar with the runnings and flaws of the game.

I decided to start 11.3 with a lower league challenge but not too difficult for my first season so started with Luton Town, enjoyed my first season and as expected nice easy start to get me back and addicted. I got promoted despite having an almighty striker injury crisis in the 2nd half of the season. with my top 3 strikers all injured I had to rely on Matthew Barnes Homer, however he scored 18 in 26(9) and helped ease the pressure.

My issue is that during the close season one of my better strikers moved on but I replaced him with 2 very good foreign strikers, who have had a blinding pre seasons and start to the new season. I need to get a new centre back after unexpected injuries to my 2 centre backs but dont have enough of a wage budget to get anyone half decent!! I have 5 strikers which Matthew Barnes Homer is 5th best and my assistant says he isnt good enough for my squad but a good BSP player. So I decided to transfer list him and offer him to clubs at his value 24k but no takers so offered him at half that still no takers, offered him at nothing and no takers. I dont understand why noone is interested in him especially with such good stats the previous season!! What is it? Is it the wages he's on? I have offered him out on loan but nooone is willing to take on his wages!!

It confuses me because I managed to sign a good foreign striker who was on £4,500 per week in France but accepted £2,000 to get regular football so why wouldnt Barnes Homer accept lower wages than his £1,700 to get regular football? One of the BSP teams should be tempted!!

I cant afford to release him as will cost the best part of £100k in compensation and he's rejecting going mutually!!

Any one had any issues selling a player or any tips on to sell some of these players

It must be his wages. £1,700 is an awful lot for a BSP Player and even down to £1,000 is a large amount.

My current TOTAL wage budget for my BSP Team is £2,500. Even if I somehow had £1,000 left to spend on player wages I doubt the board would allow this much for 1 player. The AI managers are likely to also be affected by board restrictions.

Additionally, if the season has started then most teams will have less budget left because they will have done dealing during the off-season

Hi all,

This is my first ever post on here, however I have been playing since 97/98 so familar with the runnings and flaws of the game.

I decided to start 11.3 with a lower league challenge but not too difficult for my first season so started with Luton Town, enjoyed my first season and as expected nice easy start to get me back and addicted. I got promoted despite having an almighty striker injury crisis in the 2nd half of the season. with my top 3 strikers all injured I had to rely on Matthew Barnes Homer, however he scored 18 in 26(9) and helped ease the pressure.

My issue is that during the close season one of my better strikers moved on but I replaced him with 2 very good foreign strikers, who have had a blinding pre seasons and start to the new season. I need to get a new centre back after unexpected injuries to my 2 centre backs but dont have enough of a wage budget to get anyone half decent!! I have 5 strikers which Matthew Barnes Homer is 5th best and my assistant says he isnt good enough for my squad but a good BSP player. So I decided to transfer list him and offer him to clubs at his value 24k but no takers so offered him at half that still no takers, offered him at nothing and no takers. I dont understand why noone is interested in him especially with such good stats the previous season!! What is it? Is it the wages he's on? I have offered him out on loan but nooone is willing to take on his wages!!

It confuses me because I managed to sign a good foreign striker who was on £4,500 per week in France but accepted £2,000 to get regular football so why wouldnt Barnes Homer accept lower wages than his £1,700 to get regular football? One of the BSP teams should be tempted!!

I cant afford to release him as will cost the best part of £100k in compensation and he's rejecting going mutually!!

Any one had any issues selling a player or any tips on to sell some of these players

If you save your game and then create a new manager for every club in the BSP you will see that there will only be a couple of clubs with a transfer budget of more than about £10k, and seeing as the player is only rated as a good BSP player nobody from higher leagues will be interested and only a couple of clubs at your level will be able to afford him. Then you've got the problem that even if clubs could afford him then they might not be able to afford his wages.

Ok, having done what I suggested in my post, these are the figures from the start of the game:

1) Only 7 clubs could afford to pay the £12k transfer fee.

2) Out of those 7, only 4 could afford the £24k transfer fee.

3) Only 5 of those 7 have £1.7k available in their wage budget.

It just seems to me like he is too expensive for your level.

I play in the England, Luton are now in League Two after getting promoted!!

Unfortunately Barnes Homer is a player Luton start with and he is on that contract from the start of the game so its no fault of my own!! I agree that £1,700 is alot for a BSP player but thats what he was on!! Keith Keane is on £2,000 + but managed to offload him on a free to Burton!!

Think I will loan him out on a short term contract and rely on youth to cover injuries and then hopefully if he does well it will increase his reputation - or see if I can put a clause to buy in the loan deal!!!

Archived