language tutoring?

so when i sign a foreign player, sometimes in the press conference one of the questions will be if i will be asking one of my players to tutor the new player as they both speak the same language, but i have never yet been able to find a way to ask him to do so, is there actually any way? and if so how? or is it just something that is said in the game but it isnt actually in it?

There isn't a way to language tutor a player, it's just a stupid part of the press conference that has no real game play relation, ie fluff.

Players will only learn the new language based on their individual adaptability attributes. Like I brought 2 Belarusian players into my team, one a quality young star and one to hopefully help settle him (who's also a solid veteran winger actually). Neither spoke English and the vet has picked up basic English already well before the youngster.

But the reality is it language is a joke at the moment, players that don't speak the same languages can tutor/learn with each other and I've yet to see it impact level of play on the pitch, as my Belarusian's and Brazilians that don't speak or English or Spanish (predominate languages on my team) are my top performers.

So I never even give language any consideration, all about if the player gets homesick or not.

I think it's more like a trick question; a way for the player in question to react well/badly to your answer. I signed De Gea yesterday and he "reacted badly" to the way I answered that question. The press also asked me if I was going to ask Antonio Valencia to help adapt him since he speaks spanish, and he will react well/badly to my answer depending on his own personality.

That whole press conference/private chat system is a joke to me. I don't want to play shrink, I want to play football..

I was actually thinking about this earlier as my assistants feedback said that a few players were struggling with the language barrier - if it's affecting team cohesion the ability to tutor languages would be useful (albeit not strictly football related)

If it did it would be a benefit, but it doesn't affect play on the pitch. Else my Brazilians and Belarusians wouldn't be my best players lol. It's probably something they intended to have more depth but either never got around to it or are still working on it. But as is, language has no affect in-game.

Archived