Do you think it's annoying when the game blames you when it's not your fault?

I was playing FC Twente and my team was playing good, my team looked vibrant, and then, out of the blue, my team crumbles in spectacular fashion, my goalie suddendly has a shocker and the game ends 1-1

It wasn't that they played better, it was my team that went from playing good to having a shocker and it was totally out of the blue

The game sort of blames you though

Result disappoints fans and my team selection? It's my strongest team and I played good for the majority of the game. In my opinion, they should only be unhappy if you played crap for the majority of the match

Result disappoints fans and my team selection? It's my strongest team and I played good for the majority of the game. In my opinion, they should only be unhappy if you played crap for the majority of the match

The fans would still be unhappy and disappointed. It doesn't mean they neccessarily think it was your fault but they expect a better result. Maybe they would expect the team to have more than a 1 goal lead over the team and therefore be less at risk to such "unlucky" things happening!

In football the result is what really matters!

I took over a Blackburn side in 19th. Morten Gamst Pedersen had a slight concern. I had a conversation with him. He was worried about underachievement and said he was losing faith in my management (!). I promised him I'd turn things around, and he said "I don't think you'll keep your promise" and stormed off in a huff. His "slt" immediately turned into an "Unh". I didn't bother sorting out Robinson, who was already Unh before I spoke to him, and his Unh disappeared after a few matches.

I've got them to 11th, but Pedersen hasn't been playing as well as I'd like. I decided to sort out his Unh. I told him I'd turn things around (after all, I have turned things around...) and he took this as a promise that I'd get us higher up the table. Hopefully he'll be satisfied with 10th...

Archived