would this spec pc run several leagues and a huge database?

originally posted by Golaxi:-

hello. im getting a 2.ghz core duo and 4gb ram. how well will this run fm09 and msn at the same time?

Very easily I would imagine for FM 08.

For 09 you'll have to wait and see but I wouldn't expect much of a difference except for maybe the code will be more refined to make better use of the dual core (not passing judgement as I don't have a dual core, just a general observation).

I'm getting this new lab top tomorrow

Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 dualcore QL-60 (1,9 GHz ).

Memory: 4096MB ram (2x2048 MB) DDR2 ram.

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200 m/ 256MB

Screen: 15,4” WXGA CrystalBrite 1280 x 800 pixel.

Harddrive: 320GB 5400RPM.

Will this run all leagues in europe and keep a decent speed?? I've been dreaming about running a career game where I start unemployed with all leagues represented.....

ANY computer with 1024MB RAM and even a SINGLE-CORE PROCESSOR, should run FM2008 with plenty of leagues absaloutly fine.

I am running a 1024MB RAM computer with a single core amd athlon 64 PROcessOR and i am running FM 2008 with 8 countrys and all their leagues running, limewire, msn, and updating my ipod and posting on here and there is no lagging at all.

I'm surprised. Usually these threads are either someone with a completely lunatic PC just showing off, or someone being really hopeful that their 386DX will be fine :)

Anything would do, it's all about how much you're willing to sit about twiddling your thumbs.

ANY computer with 1024MB RAM and even a SINGLE-CORE PROCESSOR, should run FM2008 with plenty of leagues absaloutly fine.

I am running a 1024MB RAM computer with a single core amd athlon 64 PROcessOR and i am running FM 2008 with 8 countrys and all their leagues running, limewire, msn, and updating my ipod and posting on here and there is no lagging at all.

Yes 8 nations, but try to run 51 and large database on your computer :)

Anyone run every division from every country with every player loaded? Would be interested in what you need to do that. I know people run every division but also loading every player to would need at least 8 GB RAM surely?

You can get huge with changing a game file. look for it on google.

My PC is a lot crappier then that, p4 1.6, 1024 mb ram and i play huge with italy-spain-england on. dont need more leagues myself. huge database is enough, and a must, there really is a big difference between huge and large in terms of more players, but it hardly slows the gameplay if any at all. I could never go back playing large again.

You can get huge with changing a game file. look for it on google.

My PC is a lot crappier then that, p4 1.6, 1024 mb ram and i play huge with italy-spain-england on. dont need more leagues myself. huge database is enough, and a must, there really is a big difference between huge and large in terms of more players, but it hardly slows the gameplay if any at all. I could never go back playing large again.

How does this 'huge' database differ from the 'large' one?

I would appreciate it if you could tell me whether or not it significantly improves the game in terms of scouting and buying players?

I usually manage at the lower levels and I have found that switching between medium and large just increases the amount of crap players available! :-)

If you really recommend a 'huge' database then I might just have to give it a try as I enjoy bargain hunting for cheap talented youngsters in the lower leagues.

C.

How does this 'huge' database differ from the 'large' one?

I would appreciate it if you could tell me whether or not it significantly improves the game in terms of scouting and buying players?

I usually manage at the lower levels and I have found that switching between medium and large just increases the amount of crap players available! :-)

If you really recommend a 'huge' database then I might just have to give it a try as I enjoy bargain hunting for cheap talented youngsters in the lower leagues.

C.

More players are generated simply put. (real ones ofc) For example on a large database with italy, spain and england leagues are created (it is what i prefer), you most of the time wont find Engelaar from Holland who has fairly good stats (just giving example), but with huge database you get more players and him ofc.

He is the reason i actually tried huge database, before i thought huge would be too slow and didnt try and i thought large had enough players. :) After the first game of Dutch on Euro 2008, looked him up and couldnt find him then i decided to start huge. And yes it is a huge difference. Especially in your case, as you manage on lower levels. Because the players being generated at huge compared to large have less reputation/skill as far as i know so it would be a lot more useful for you.

You cant really say crap though. Some of them are real good for anything below top leagues. First huge database i started on a lower league, i was surprised by the amount of more contract expired players. I took my underdogs championship side to promotion thanks to those players i signed. And some other signings i payed for. (Almost all of them i never saw while playing large database)

My PC got it's memory increased from 256MB to 1GB and according to mother it's very fast, i'll be back playing FM come Monday afternoon when i get back home and at a pleasing speed, before the upgrade it was as people like to say on here "unplayable"(where's the patch etc etc) as i lack patience but i'm very much looking forward to playing FM for the first time in about 3 months (i purchased a xbox360 which sidelined FM further).

More players are generated simply put. (real ones ofc) For example on a large database with italy, spain and england leagues are created (it is what i prefer), you most of the time wont find Engelaar from Holland who has fairly good stats (just giving example), but with huge database you get more players and him ofc.

He is the reason i actually tried huge database, before i thought huge would be too slow and didnt try and i thought large had enough players. :) After the first game of Dutch on Euro 2008, looked him up and couldnt find him then i decided to start huge. And yes it is a huge difference. Especially in your case, as you manage on lower levels. Because the players being generated at huge compared to large have less reputation/skill as far as i know so it would be a lot more useful for you.

You cant really say crap though. Some of them are real good for anything below top leagues. First huge database i started on a lower league, i was surprised by the amount of more contract expired players. I took my underdogs championship side to promotion thanks to those players i signed. And some other signings i payed for. (Almost all of them i never saw while playing large database)

Thanks for this reply - you've made it very clear.

I think I might start a new game with only the English league structure and a huge database and start from the bottom with my beloved Saints! Hopefully it will still run quite quickly. From what you've said, it shouldn't make much difference?

Just another quick question though - how does this huge database patch work? Is it just something that brings out a hidden option in the game or what? Or is it a 3rd party add-on? I don't want to mess up the game!

C.

As far as I know it brings out the hidden option. It's not a 3rd part add-on. The option was removed due to a few reasons, one being that the balance of players in the game (as you progress through the seasons) can't be kept quite as well in Huge DB as the rest of them.

Guest roberto922

Nah it works fine and doesn't mess up the game, you basically download the panels.fmf file off a fansite (I got mine off www.cmfrenzy.com) And replace the panels file in the db :) The only other thing you have to do that I can think of is untick the use skin cache button or something similiar in Preferences, then reload the game and start a new game, don't use the wizard because it only shows the 3 defaults, so close the wizard go to Database siza and there it is :)

Hope that helps

When I said load all players I didnt mean huge DB, I actually meant load all players. The way to do it is to load all players from every country. Easier to do with one of those text files (edt file i think or ddt or whatever) then clicking each country from the "load all players from" drop down list at the start of a game.

Archived