Damn, I just cheated at FM!

Loving my West Ham save but shortly after a routine save I concluded a deal to sign Razvan Rat. Just the player I need, fair deal all round, trouble is his agent insisted on a min fee release clause. I upped it from £6.5m to £10m, pressed the button to send the deal and realised the min fee release was set at £10K!, and they werent in the mood for renogtiation. Gulp, my mistake - a little tired this time of night, but Im not having that. Back to the previous save then.....

Anyone else done anything so silly and non-strategic with nightmareish consequences?, and did you "cheat" like me? :-/

It's only cheating if you reload after a game. The agent thing is unrealistic and buggy, so I often reload after the agent refuses to drop the demand by one notch to meet the board's limit and cuts off negotiation.

I don't think it's cheating if you make a mistake like this and need to correct it, surely?

Cheating to me would be reloading to get a better result or a better cup draw or something.

If you make an honest mistake, which is terribly unrealistic as in this case, and then realise and want to sort it out, it's not cheating to correct it, in my opinion.

Here's a lesson in not playing FM when drunk or not concentrating:

Had a great regen in my youth academy, went to offer him a new contract but accidentally cliked release on a free (I also had the box ticked meaning there was no confirmation message). Cue a reload, only a few days before so no major deal, I click continue to get to the point where I was before, when the regen turned 17 so I'd offer the deal and what happens? My star striker does his cruciates and is out for the season. Remember kids, look closely before clicking, the consequences may be dire :(

My biggest facepalm moment (and there have been a few over the years) came in FM09, the screen changed to a view of the Carling Cup 2nd Round draw after continuing so I went to the match and picked my usual weakened team for the upcoming game against Barnet (I was Leeds, by now in the premiership) the board didn't care about the Carling Cup and I was confident my weak team could go through.

However there was a slight problem, I picked my team , not one first teamer and clicked submit. Then my palm hit my forehead with some force when I realised the view of the Carling Cup draw was just the screen flow, my actual next match was away at the Emirates. 30 mins in I was 5-0 down! Not good

It's not cheating, it was clearly an accidental click so I wouldn't be bothered about it. I've done it before when I accidently left a star player out of my Champions League 25 man squad, so reloaded to fix it.

My biggest facepalm moment (and there have been a few over the years) came in FM09, the screen changed to a view of the Carling Cup 2nd Round draw after continuing so I went to the match and picked my usual weakened team for the upcoming game against Barnet (I was Leeds, by now in the premiership) the board didn't care about the Carling Cup and I was confident my weak team could go through.

However there was a slight problem, I picked my team , not one first teamer and clicked submit. Then my palm hit my forehead with some force when I realised the view of the Carling Cup draw was just the screen flow, my actual next match was away at the Emirates. 30 mins in I was 5-0 down! Not good

Not quite as bad as that, but I have forgotten, on more than one occasion, to replace my youth keeper with my main one after a cup match against lower league opposition.

i do tend to save before i do transfer negotiations nowadays, i dont think its cheating what you done, but could'nt you of offered him a new deal a couple of weeks after?

The trouble with that is due to the interest in the player I would now be likely to lose out, but more importantly this was an error of reading the screen not a bad call.

Loving my West Ham save but shortly after a routine save I concluded a deal to sign Razvan Rat. Just the player I need, fair deal all round, trouble is his agent insisted on a min fee release clause. I upped it from £6.5m to £10m, pressed the button to send the deal and realised the min fee release was set at £10K!, and they werent in the mood for renogtiation. Gulp, my mistake - a little tired this time of night, but Im not having that. Back to the previous save then.....

Anyone else done anything so silly and non-strategic with nightmareish consequences?, and did you "cheat" like me? :-/

HA! He went to Sevilla in the end anyway! LOL. Crime does not pay!

I've pressed "Walk away" so many times by mistake. and players dont want to discuss another offer for months. that one annoys the crap out of me.

Yep, its stupid & unrealistic. Perhaps their demands should increase (to reflect their annoyance) but not stop you making another offer.

I haven't had that misfortune.

I really, really, don't like the idea of reloading saves - but in such a situation, I'd probably do it.

The trouble with that is due to the interest in the player I would now be likely to lose out, but more importantly this was an error of reading the screen not a bad call.

yeah you would certainly miss out, sorry, meant to write "contract negotiations", not "transfer negotiations", d'oh!! :>

Archived