Domestic transfers broken beyond repair

I'm playing Juventus and almost no one wants to join me.

Matri = Says he won't leave Cagliari for a rival

Quagliarela = Says he will find it hard to leave Napoli despite having positive relations with Juve 65 and I SET HIS DISLIKE FOR NAPOLI TO 100!

Pepe = I set dislike team Udinese to 80 and he still won't come.

Motta = dislike Udinese 75 and he won't leave em for a rival.

Congratulations! You screwed up the game for anyone who doesn't like to take 9 africans or brazilians and then call it a great english team.

Matri = Says he won't leave Cagliari for a rival

Quagliarela = Says he will find it hard to leave Napoli despite having positive relations with Juve 65 and I SET HIS DISLIKE FOR NAPOLI TO 100!

Pepe = I set dislike team Udinese to 80 and he still won't come.

Motta = dislike Udinese 75 and he won't leave em for a rival.

Congratulations! You screwed up the game for anyone who doesn't like to take 9 africans or brazilians and then call it a great english team.

well since you already started editing have you tried adding the players to the clubs dislike list?

The issue is that the game lacks transitive understanding - for example, if a player loved Manchester United and a Liverpool manager considered signing him, the game should understand that Liverpool and Manchester United are rivals, and therefore anyone that loves Manchester United is unlikely to a) consider a transfer to Liverpool or b) make (either) set of fans happy. Right now, the game needs an explicit "dislike" between the club and player, which should only really be considered for extreme cases (i.e. Gary Neville and Liverpool). In addition, if a player has no reason to love a club, then he might even be celebrated by his rivals.

As an aside, there is also an argument that some players are more loyal to certain clubs than others. For example, Carragher is an Everton fan but is still fiercely loyal to Liverpool. From an Everton perspective, he might be disloyal of the highest order, whilst from a Liverpool perspective, he might be loyal of the highest order. So loyalty could well be different per club.

The issue is that the game lacks transitive understanding - for example, if a player loved Manchester United and a Liverpool manager considered signing him, the game should understand that Liverpool and Manchester United are rivals, and therefore anyone that loves Manchester United is unlikely to a) consider a transfer to Liverpool or b) make (either) set of fans happy. Right now, the game needs an explicit "dislike" between the club and player, which should only really be considered for extreme cases (i.e. Gary Neville and Liverpool). In addition, if a player has no reason to love a club, then he might even be celebrated by his rivals.

As an aside, there is also an argument that some players are more loyal to certain clubs than others. For example, Carragher is an Everton fan but is still fiercely loyal to Liverpool. From an Everton perspective, he might be disloyal of the highest order, whilst from a Liverpool perspective, he might be loyal of the highest order. So loyalty could well be different per club.

I think that sums it up perfectly, the game needs a more dynamic rivalry set up, at the moment it really comes down to like/dislike, but there should be exceptions to the rule, hopefully something to come later on.

Oh boy...

Matri "not wanting to leave Cagliari for a rival" is just awesome! Sure, Juventus aren't having their best years, but no player would turn down a move there if mid-table mediocrity at Cagliari is the alternativa :D

Quagliarella has been only 1 (disappointing) season in Napoli, so why is he so attached to the club?

Also, the game seems to fail to take into account a couple of factors that should prevent such nonsense to happen.

1) Time spent at the club: a club legend with hundreds of caps will surely be reluctant to leave, but a guy who's been there just a couple of seasons, possibly without leaving a lasting impression shouldn't be affected by "likes club 65" or "dislikes club 30"

2) Career > Rivalry. With the exception of historical rivalries and iconic players, most "average guys" would still consider ANY move if it's a good career choice.

It's not unusual for "second-rate" players jumping ship with little attention to rivalries and "like/dislike" factor...

Without needing Zlatan's level of loyalty (close to 0°K), it's simply a matter of career paths.

None of the decisions reported by the OP make sense from a career standpoint, and they're also based on flawed logic.

the developer just have lack manpower and will to fix stuff outside english league, especially italians.

No..they just have a lack of will to deliver a finished product. This is what happens when there is essentially a monopoly in a marketplace. FM 2011 is not a finished product. But SI really doesnt care because its customer base has nowhere else to turn. Imagine a car company that marketed an auto with a faulty suspension system. They would have to fix it or face massive lawsuits. Why do software customers accept unfinished and faulty products?

No..they just have a lack of will to deliver a finished product. This is what happens when there is essentially a monopoly in a marketplace. FM 2011 is not a finished product. But SI really doesnt care because its customer base has nowhere else to turn. Imagine a car company that marketed an auto with a faulty suspension system. They would have to fix it or face massive lawsuits. Why do software customers accept unfinished and faulty products?

Wrong analogy really... Broken car suspensions can cause injuries and death, and the cost of a car is much greater than a video game. "This product is rubbish" is not equivalent to "this product can kill you."

Oh boy...

Matri "not wanting to leave Cagliari for a rival" is just awesome! Sure, Juventus aren't having their best years, but no player would turn down a move there if mid-table mediocrity at Cagliari is the alternativa :D

Quagliarella has been only 1 (disappointing) season in Napoli, so why is he so attached to the club?

Also, the game seems to fail to take into account a couple of factors that should prevent such nonsense to happen.

1) Time spent at the club: a club legend with hundreds of caps will surely be reluctant to leave, but a guy who's been there just a couple of seasons, possibly without leaving a lasting impression shouldn't be affected by "likes club 65" or "dislikes club 30"

2) Career > Rivalry. With the exception of historical rivalries and iconic players, most "average guys" would still consider ANY move if it's a good career choice.

It's not unusual for "second-rate" players jumping ship with little attention to rivalries and "like/dislike" factor...

Without needing Zlatan's level of loyalty (close to 0°K), it's simply a matter of career paths.

None of the decisions reported by the OP make sense from a career standpoint, and they're also based on flawed logic.

Actually in one of my games Milan finished 12, i finished 2nd and none of their players wants to negotiate with me.Keep in mind that few years ago when Buffon got injured Milan gave us Abiatti on loan.The two clubs actually have very very good transfer relationship.I mean in this game none of Udinese,Genoa,Catania,Fiorentina etc. wants to even negotiate with me.We are talking about players like Giuseppe Bellusci FFS.

We need a hotfix.Even for english football that's unrealistic.If it was in-game Rooney would never go to Man Utd, nor Glen Johnson, nor Joe Cole, nor Torres, nor Ashley Cole, nor Tevez, nor Adebayor and more and more and more.

This is ridiculous we need a hotfix.

Why dont you all try making a game half as decent as this and we will all buy it!! :)

This is pure nonsense.If you don't have anything to say please stay away from this thread.This is a serious issue for many players.

This is pure nonsense.If you don't have anything to say please stay away from this thread.This is a serious issue for many players.

Then fix it yourself.. Id rather have a finished game next year than half a game because this is being fixed..

You all just assume it can be fixed like that, when it cant.. Everything they change takes thorough testing

Then fix it yourself.. Id rather have a finished game next year than half a game because this is being fixed..

You all just assume it can be fixed like that, when it cant.. Everything they change takes thorough testing

Then how come things were fine in vanilla version, and now they aren't? How did they let this slip through testing? I would really like some feedback from SI staff. Are they even acknowledged the issue?

If you are finding this such a problem then raise the issue to a mod or post in the bugs forum?

Apart from that there is nothing that can be done. FM11 isn't a finished product as next year they'll release a new game which will be FM11 plus a few new additions and tweaks, and they'll do the same year after year until they stop making the game. You can't expect every little detail to be perfect every time, there is every chance that it will be perfected for next year.

you do realise your accepting this yourself by still buying it? if it bothers YOU that much just dont buy it.

you do realise your accepting this yourself by still buying it? if it bothers YOU that much just dont buy it.

That is going to be hard to do because he probably bought it before he knew what was wrong with it :rolleyes:. I am starting to also wonder why some things seemed to work at one point but all of a sudden they don't work? It's funny that some of the arguements are that we are all playing an unfinsihed game so we should just get over it. Absolutely lol...

That is going to be hard to do because he probably bought it before he knew what was wrong with it :rolleyes:. I am starting to also wonder why some things seemed to work at one point but all of a sudden they don't work? It's funny that some of the arguements are that we are all playing an unfinsihed game so we should just get over it. Absolutely lol...

He knew the game is always a work in progress making it an unfinished and faulty in his own words yet he decided to buy it anyway as we all do.

quote - We need a hotfix.Even for english football that's unrealistic.If it was in-game Rooney would never go to Man Utd, nor Glen Johnson, nor Joe Cole, nor Torres, nor Ashley Cole, nor Tevez, nor Adebayor and more and more and more.

What you have said above is a pile of rubbish unless i have mis understood this.

Firstly - Rooney is at Man Utd

Secondly, Johnson could quite easily leave Liverpool for one of their rivals. Joe Cole, Torres, Ashley Cole, Tevez and Adebayor all left their clubs to join rival same division clubs. So it does happen all the time in England.

Like I said I may have mis understood this comment.

He knew the game is always a work in progress making it an unfinished and faulty in his own words yet he decided to buy it anyway as we all do.

Maybe SI or Sega need to put that label on the box and on steam in the next release: "FM is a work in progress, unfinished and faulty product."

Is Juventus an English team?

quote - We need a hotfix.Even for english football that's unrealistic.If it was in-game Rooney would never go to Man Utd, nor Glen Johnson, nor Joe Cole, nor Torres, nor Ashley Cole, nor Tevez, nor Adebayor and more and more and more.

What you have said above is a pile of rubbish unless i have mis understood this.

Firstly - Rooney is at Man Utd

Secondly, Johnson could quite easily leave Liverpool for one of their rivals. Joe Cole, Torres, Ashley Cole, Tevez and Adebayor all left their clubs to join rival same division clubs. So it does happen all the time in England.

Like I said I may have mis understood this comment.

You definately misiunderstood. You see none of the above can ever happen in the game 'cause domestic transfers are broken.

In Germany the transfer seams to be broken as well even though I have won the league 4 times in a row and got to the at least each year to the quarterfinal of the CL and Europa League in my first season but still no player wants to join me not even from minor rivals.

I think the problem is that the rivals rule is more a thing of English football in most other European countries you can see players making transfers even between big rivals.

For example Bayern has a lot of rivals in Germany but still every player would go to Bayern if they made a offer that other teams couldn't compete with.

So as long as the players aren't madly in love with their club and hate the club that wants to buy them they should be open to switching teams.

Instead of the player refusing you should probably make the teams demand more money for a transfer to their rivals team or even deny completely.

Edited version of a previous post of mine: "Playing has Man Utd and have been trying to sign McEachran, Rodwell, Phil Jones and Thiago but none of them want to join. This is in stark contrast to previous patches. Has anyone else found this?"

It needs to be fixed, I'm not normally one to complain but this is an issue which greatly affects the enjoyment of many people who play this game. The most frustrating part is that it has only become an issue in this patch. Surely the idea of the patch is to enhance the game and people's enjoyment of it; not to bring about major problems.

Edited version of a previous post of mine: "Playing has Man Utd and have been trying to sign McEachran, Rodwell, Phil Jones and Thiago but none of them want to join. This is in stark contrast to previous patches. Has anyone else found this?"

It needs to be fixed, I'm not normally one to complain but this is an issue which greatly affects the enjoyment of many people who play this game. The most frustrating part is that it has only become an issue in this patch. Surely the idea of the patch is to enhance the game and people's enjoyment of it; not to bring about major problems.

it does seem to be an issue with the latest patch...some guy yesterday was on here saying how he couldn't sign rodwell for united...to which i replied i'd never had any problems signing him...

but seeing as i havent been united since the latest patch, i started a quick game with them to see if i could sign him...but to no avail...

on a slight tangent...a good example of players playing for rival teams would be Jamie Carragher...

he was a die-hard everton fan and even has tattoos of the badge on his wrist...yet he still joined liverpool...(i know he was young then but surely youngsters would be more head strong about not playing for rivals) so it does happen!

I agree with the OP that something can't be right here and that this should be looked after.

But was that overstated thread title really necessary? This set the tone for the thread to derail somewhat which doesn't help anyone on here :thdn:

Also, just remembered, when i declared my interest in Rodwell the feedback was that he had heard it from me recently before, despite being only the 2nd day of a new game. Definate (and MAJOR) bug!

Agree with this, definite bug there, I've declared interest in regens just after they've come into the game and they've said they have heard it all before etc. Quite annoying.

It does seem weird as being a problem in Italy as those Italians seem to go to rivals left right and centre.

Just look at Inter, they have a Milan idol as their manager!

Ibrahimovic is at AC, played for Inter, Ronaldo played for both, Seedorf has played for both, Baggio played for both, and Davids played for both.

And that's just a selection of recent (ish) players for just the two Milan teams.

I would have thought if anything the game would allow players moving to rivals in Italy more not less.

Agree with this, definite bug there, I've declared interest in regens just after they've come into the game and they've said they have heard it all before etc. Quite annoying.

And strangely players won't get annoyed when AI managers constantly comment on them. I'm playing a game where the same 4-5 managers comment on my players several times a week. Not once have any of my players stated they've heard it all before.

Totally agree with all these new points. It's not just within leagues though, I've experienced real difficulty signing players from other nations for my save. I just don't understand how this has come about in this final patch if it wasn't an issue in previous patches, or indeed the original game? Hopefully someone from SI can enlighten us on this issue :)

Totally agree with all these new points. It's not just within leagues though, I've experienced real difficulty signing players from other nations for my save. I just don't understand how this has come about in this final patch if it wasn't an issue in previous patches, or indeed the original game? Hopefully someone from SI can enlighten us on this issue :)

they always say that due to the complexity of the game, altering one thing can have a knock on effect on something else...so when altering something for 11.3, it made this occur...

my guess is that it could be the fix for the broken transfer system in 11.2...where AI managers would never bid for you players...

and about SI enlightening us...very little chance of that happening...

they seem to have selective periods of activity where they will be on these boards everyday talking to us people...these periods are normally leading up to release of the game and just before/after a patch is released...

Typical headline though, eye-catching! I did a similar thread, with a more reserved title and it didn't get the same attention, so like it or not, you have to hand it to the guy, it's got us all talking!

That's the way i see it that's the way i've written it.

tl;dr

Ultimately, if it's "broken beyond repair" then there's nothing SI can do to fix it in a patch. It'd require a complete redesign from the ground up of the entire system, and would have knock-on effects for a large number of other parts of the game. It's not a task that SI can just knock out quickly, it's one that they would have to plan for right at the start of a development cycle and work on for at least a year, if not more.

This is such a bang on thread and much much needed. Transfers in Italy irl depend so much on board level relations between the clubs, it is different to England. Good relations at board level facilitate transfers, even if the clubs are supposedly on field rivals. This is not reflected at all i think and needs to be fixed BADLY.

Archived