Ideal leagues loaded and DB size for a 10-15yr save

I'm one season into a save now, managing a 'nearly' top club and don't plan on managing anyone else in save for a good ten yrs. However, just wondering what you thought was the ideal DB size and leagues loaded for such a save, in terms of depth, and challenge. I have realised that i forgot to load certain leagues and set Turkey and Scotland to view only, which i didn't want.

ive got Eng down to league 2 and the top leagues of, France, germany,italy,holland,scotland,spain,sweden,argentina and brazil, i realised i miseed about half a dozen leagues off like turkey, greece, denmark,portugal Russia, belgium about a season in but i can be bothered to start again, im also running Large db

its still rolling along quite fast in 27/28 season so im content with my set up

Depends really upon your PC and preferences really. The more leagues you have the more chance of teams having full players and good players, so for challenge, more is better, but for waiting times, less is better, got to strike a balance, I personally prefer less so I can get through seasons quicker.

Let's say, for instance, that you start with a large database, and you go 2000 players over recommendation, is it possible to just add more RAM to your system at a later point IF it starts to slow down 3-4 seasons in? Will adding more RAM help the speed along?

it depends how much ram you have to begin with, what kind of machine are you playing on?

it depends how much ram you have to begin with, what kind of machine are you playing on?

3gig Ram, quad core 2ghz processor. Planning on upgrading the RAM at some point soon.

I have all leagues on as playable with 292' date='000 players.

Glad a spent big on my laptop. :D[/quote']

holy **** :D

I don't ever load asia or places like that. Just europe and S.America

My system is a Q6600 with 4gig RAM on Windows7 64bit.

I can play quite fast with 77,000 players but anything over this slows the game down significantly. I have done a lot of creating new games to see what speed is best for my system and 77,000 seems the magic number.

My system is a Q6600 with 4gig RAM on Windows7 64bit.

I can play quite fast with 77,000 players but anything over this slows the game down significantly. I have done a lot of creating new games to see what speed is best for my system and 77,000 seems the magic number.

What is a Q6600? i presume it is much superior to a quad core 2ghz?

I loaded 76,000 players on my system. I think 60,000 is the most i have done, on patch 11.2, and that was running like a dream 5 seasons in. This will likely be slower, but i don't know yet because the new patches have meant i have not got past 2 seasons yet, except for the aforementioned.

If it does get slower, will buying extra ram help it along?

Does anyone pay attention to the game speed stars? That always worrys me.

It my experience the speed stars mean absolutely nothing and have no relevance to game speed at all. I've had saves that were given half a star's worth of speed capability, only for the save to run smoothly 5-6 seasons in. Not sure if it would have run fine after that because i got no further in the save.

I've had saves that were given half a star's worth of speed capability, only for the save to run smoothly 5-6 seasons in. Not sure if it would have run fine after that because i got no further in the save.

it doesn't, i had a save from the day of release with a variety of leagues loaded and had i had the 'half a star' rating and it ran perfectly fine for the 15 seasons i ran it.

believe me, i am a very inpatient guy and hate waiting for things so if the game ran slow i would have got fed up! i only stopped playing it as i got bored and to start a new save on 11.3!

in my opinion, they should just remove the star speed feature as its never been accurate.

What is a Q6600? i presume it is much superior to a quad core 2ghz?

I loaded 76,000 players on my system. I think 60,000 is the most i have done, on patch 11.2, and that was running like a dream 5 seasons in. This will likely be slower, but i don't know yet because the new patches have meant i have not got past 2 seasons yet, except for the aforementioned.

If it does get slower, will buying extra ram help it along?

The Q6600 is a quad-core running at 2.4Ghz, so only a little faster than yours.

How much memory RAM do you have now? I would suggest getting 4GB RAM or more although the game hasnt ever maxed out on my system.

The Q6600 is a quad-core running at 2.4Ghz, so only a little faster than yours.

How much memory RAM do you have now? I would suggest getting 4GB RAM or more although the game hasnt ever maxed out on my system.

I have 3GB. Think i can upgrade to 6 or something. I don't really have anything else on the system that takes up space though.

I have all leagues running from England, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Brazil on my save. The waiting times are long-ish during big weekends, but they certainly aren't unacceptably slow. All this on a machine with only 1,024MB of RAM.

Archived