How about real league standings after January Update?

After the January Update, i can never find myself able to start a new game from the beggining of a season because of all the transfers that have gone through. For example it doesn't feel right managing Newcastle for the first half a season without Carroll and it feels bad if i start the season with Torres and Drogba at Chelsea.

My way of coping with this is to include China in the database and start from January (or to be precise i think it is the end of December). Yet again the same things annoy me. Carroll has spent half the season rotting in the Liverpool reserves and Torres has fired Chelsea to the top of the table. Would it not be possible to perhaps create a new option in the January update where we can pick up from real life. E.g begin a career either at the beggining of January with all the transfers occuring on the actual date they were passed or after january with all transfers completed and teams in the positions they were in real life at this time.

Im also getting bored of Man City always being stuck in the bottom half and Tottenham either in first or second whenever I start my game in January.

Surely this option wouldnt be too hard to impliment. Its just inserting actual transfer dates and also genuine league standings.

Any thoughts/opinions?

(edit - fair enough about the fixtures, but for transfers to occur at a more accurate date, possible?)

Jack

Well you can already just start with an older database anyway. The problem with your idea is that SI don't have the rights to all divisions, which is why only a few have real world fixtures available. This would mean that a game started with the table as it is IRL would need to have the official fixtures, which SI don't have the rights for.

So nice idea but not practical/possible for SI to implement, it would be possible I guess to start with all the January moves as future transfers though.

Or what he said.

used to love this game, but this is the biggest reason i dont enjoy as much.

is there any reason not to release a patch just fixing things but excluding january transfers ?

can a SI staff member reply please or perhaps someone can point me to a forum page where this issue has been raised previously ?

note : i remember when i used to hold space to speed through the match commentary on my amiga500 playing championship manager

an even better and easier way would be for the transfers to all come through in january, so u start the game with the original squad then the january transfers come through in january, as pre signed contracts, makes no sense why it cant happen as other future transfers go through the sumemer after.

sort it out the game has gone downhill.

is there any reason not to release a patch just fixing things but excluding january transfers ?

can a SI staff member reply please or perhaps someone can point me to a forum page where this issue has been raised previously ?

note : i remember when i used to hold space to speed through the match commentary on my amiga500 playing championship manager

As I posted above: when you start a new game just select the 11.2.0 database or whichever one the last one before Jan was. That way you are playing with the latest patch but Septembers data.

You can already select which database to start a save with. You don't have to start with the January transfers - just select an older version of the database.

an even better and easier way would be for the transfers to all come through in january, so u start the game with the original squad then the january transfers come through in january, as pre signed contracts, makes no sense why it cant happen as other future transfers go through the sumemer after.

sort it out the game has gone downhill.

The problem with this is that players are signed based on what happens in the first half of the season. What happens when Chelsea are top of the league and Torres has an injury that will keep him out for a year? Or Villa sign Bent but don't play him because their strikers were already scoring loads of goals? Suddenly those transfers make no sense.

The thing is though that I want the transfers, just not at the start of the season. When I start with septembers data Torres puts liverpool up the top of the league at the end of the season. When i start with Jan data, Torres puts chelsea at the top of the league by January

Solution is out there and if i wasnt lazy i would create this.

Here is what's necessary.

1. Someone needs to create a database so that the transfers arrive at the appropriate times. How could we do this? By loaning the transfered player back to the club from where SI transfered him for the specific period of time.

ex/ Torres would be on Loan from Chelsea to Liverpool until January 31st. This would essentially recreate the idea that he is being transfered.

2. This is optional but we would need someone to create all the real fixture lists. Doing so will allow us to modify the table standings exactly to how they were in January 1st. It is not 100% necessary since we can make assumption based on real life results that the teams have played every club once which are essentially the terms of being in January, and at this point in real life, we already have the results for at least 1 clash between 2 teams.

3. After doing all the database changes, we would need to launch a game on January 1st 2011, and use FMRTE to modify the table standings. This is possible and I've tested it to a certain extent. If you were to go into Fixtures, the results might say otherwise, but the league table will be effectively real.

I would be willing to do all of this if creating loan deals to the appropriate club and time was not so tedious. So if anyone wants to embark on the project with me and create the database, I would be more than willing to create the league standings for all the top european leagues based on January 1st

If someone were to be able to supply me with an tutorial on how to set up loan's in the editor and a list of all transfers with appropriate dates, I might take on the project.

I'm pretty sure that some people do actually create edited databases with January transfers (this is pre-11.3 update) so if you could go and find them, they often have the players set to future transfers (usually Jan 1st). It's worth searching for on here and other, less good football manager websites ;)

I think SI should give us the ability to recreate scenarios so that we could create interesting mini challenges. It would be great to be able to start the game at a year at a specific point in a season or recreate the world cup accurately with out having to jump through hoops.

I'm pretty sure that some people do actually create edited databases with January transfers (this is pre-11.3 update) so if you could go and find them, they often have the players set to future transfers (usually Jan 1st). It's worth searching for on here and other, less good football manager websites ;)

I'll look into that, thanks.

After the January Update, i can never find myself able to start a new game from the beggining of a season because of all the transfers that have gone through. For example it doesn't feel right managing Newcastle for the first half a season without Carroll and it feels bad if i start the season with Torres and Drogba at Chelsea.

My way of coping with this is to include China in the database and start from January (or to be precise i think it is the end of December). Yet again the same things annoy me. Carroll has spent half the season rotting in the Liverpool reserves and Torres has fired Chelsea to the top of the table. Would it not be possible to perhaps create a new option in the January update where we can pick up from real life. E.g begin a career either at the beggining of January with all the transfers occuring on the actual date they were passed or after january with all transfers completed and teams in the positions they were in real life at this time.

Im also getting bored of Man City always being stuck in the bottom half and Tottenham either in first or second whenever I start my game in January.

Surely this option wouldnt be too hard to impliment. Its just inserting actual transfer dates and also genuine league standings.

Any thoughts/opinions?

(edit - fair enough about the fixtures, but for transfers to occur at a more accurate date, possible?)

Jack

Yes, i know what you mean. I have seriously been thinking about how possible it would be to create a DB whereby a player could start, say, Febuary the 3rd, and play from then, with all the corrrect data(league standings, player stats, transfers, EVERYTHING that has happened so far in real life), but it would require very skilled workers with a lot of free time. You're talking about every club, every player and every division. Much work.

As it is, just go into your editor and re-work things so that the transfers are set to future. I do this for the major transfers that happen in my league. For example, i did Torres, Carroll and Suarez, and then the ones for my club. What you have to remember to do though, is set the club finances back to the original state, plus the players details, contracts, club fee records, player history, and also the correct date for the transfer to go through.

But i agree, a mid season DB would be absolutely awesome, if someone were to create it.

I'm sure I remember CM from Eidos having this very feature, about 2 yrs back, where they would update the database with the league standings correct at the time. It was when Shearer tried to save Newcastle from relegation if I remember correctly. If implemented well, could be a good thing, if implemented badly, I think Eidos CHARGED £5 per update!, then no thanks. If it is licensing issues, then in order to get all said licenses, SI/SEGA would need to have more money, the easiest way to get more funds, is to sell FM at a higher price, now realistically, how many of you would be happy, if FM12 came out, with this mid season update thingy, but cost you £60 to buy the game?

£60 is a conservative amount by the way as don't forget it would be EA they would need to out bid.

Archived