Problem with my own contract.

Has anybody had the following happen?

Just got promoted with Forward, a Swedish team in the lower leagues. Playing through the off season, friendlies, signings etc.

The board offer me a contract. The problem is a date (ie contract length) cannot be selected. There are no valid options? The game is at an impasse, cannot move forward as the Finalise deal button is greyed.

I thus select the option, "use existing deal" or something to that effect. The money goes down to my current deal, a date is entered and I can go forward with managing Forward.

From memory there was no news item "Forward manager resigns".

The above happens twice.

Then, a month later, I am sacked for no reason.

Known bug? my tactics ;) ? Unfortunately, I can't get a screencap because my last save is after teh events.

Anyhow, I am thinking I will fix my contract in FMRTE? Will that work? I do not want a game breaker.

Something is wrong with the contracts. I have a problem also, although not like yours.

My club went from amateur to semi-pro so I asked for a new contract to replace my N/A €0 amateur contract. The board granted my request and told me they'd offer me a contract shortly. Now, a year later, I still havent got a contract. During that year the option to ask for a new contract has been greyed out. From 1st july of this year it's clickable again, so I ask for a new contract once more. The board accepts my request, but a couple of weeks further on I still havent got my contract. Option to ask for one greyed out again. All of the staff and players arte on paid contracts now, except for me...

Something is wrong with the contracts. I have a problem also, although not like yours.

My club went from amateur to semi-pro so I asked for a new contract to replace my N/A €0 amateur contract. The board granted my request and told me they'd offer me a contract shortly. Now, a year later, I still havent got a contract. During that year the option to ask for a new contract has been greyed out. From 1st july of this year it's clickable again, so I ask for a new contract once more. The board accepts my request, but a couple of weeks further on I still havent got my contract. Option to ask for one greyed out again. All of the staff and players arte on paid contracts now, except for me...

That happened with me on FM2010 on my game I started at an amateur club in Norway. The board kept saying they'd offer me a new contract, but they never did, so I was stuck on my amateur deal even when I was winning the Tippeligaen title.

I've just started a game on FM2011 at an amateur club, so I'm guessing the same thing will happen on this game, although the club's still amateur at this stage.

In another topic a guy indicated that he did get his contract, but after the last game of the season he asked for it. Didn't work for me though.

I have to admit I did a fair amount of applying around, so maybe the board wasnt too keen on giving me a contract anymore. Or am I overastimating the AI of FM...

Well, it turns out that the contract in FMRTE had a expiry of xx.xx.1900. xx being numbers i cant now remember.

So essentially I was 100years + delayed in signing a new contract, hence the sacking. Corrected it, gave myself 2 years. Seems to be working ok now.

Fundamentally a game breaking bug IMO.

Archived