Clever board...?

Right, started off as Wolves without transfer budget in the first window. Normally when you choose to play without budget, you get the budget set in the editor around November/December, but for some reason I didn't. I went through whole of January without a dime in transfer budget, as I chose not to sell any players. From December to mid-May, I asked the board for an increase in transfer budget, seeing as we had a solid balance of £26m, but they always replied that they couldn't afford to give me anything. They were willing to increase the wage budget though, allowing me to sign Victor Elm and Sylvain Maveraux as future transfers on bosman.

Now, fast-forward to after the last game of the season have been played, they announce a stadium expansion, costing £19.5m, taking a hefty toll on the balance, which is now down to £9.2m (13.9m after income from league position).

So, was this planned all along? Did the board want me to sell off players to fund new ones? Has this happened to anyone of you before?

Would be nice with an input from a SI staff member.

I can't tell you how smart the board are but I can tell you that when your wage budget increased you could adjust that to create some transfer kitty (and sign players over 48 monthly fees to make the most of the small amount). The budget adjustment is in the boardroom overview screen.

It would be useful if the Board let you know this. If they said "We cannot allocate you any more money, as this has been budgeted for the abc, at the end of the season", then this would be quite useful.

Archived