Matts KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) 4-3-3

Hi guys. I'm back with a new potent formation.

4-3-3/4-5-1. Setup using my own mentality. (Matt's Mentality settings)

For the time being i have moved away from the stopper/cover defence setup, and have gone for a more solid and structual approach. Them team is now split into very broad mentality structures.

The GK, Dual DC's and DMC are responsible only for the defence phase of play. The DL/DR and MCR (playmaker) are responsible for only the transition phases. The MCL (attacking central midfielder) AML/AMR and SC are resonsible for the attacking phase.

This setup results in a ton of clear cut chances every game, domination of play and surprisingly effective passing using direct passing. The defence phase will aim to recycle possession to the transition phase, the transition phases will look for runners high up the pitch with swift direct passing.

There are a few keys areas of the pitch where you need the right players to get the most out of the formation. The MCR is your playmaker, and will need to be your creative player. The AMR needs to be very quick, and have good dribbling skills. The AML will get on the end of a lot of crosses, so ideally have someone who is good in the air here and he will rack up a lot of goals. The MCL will get forward whenever possible, so think of this as your goal scoring midfielder. The striker first will need to be quick, and have good off the ball, from time to time he will need to hold up the ball so if he has a little strength that would help too.

This is a one size fits all tactic for now. It seems to work against any opposition, be it small or large. If needed you can always change the defensive line, width etc to suit who you are playing.

With regards to OI's i tend to use show onto weaker foot for all AI players excluding defenders, unless they have strong as a weaker foot.

Formation

65235825.jpg

Download Links

Download Links

http://www.sendspace.com/file/13iuq8

Looks good mate. I see its only one tactic this time. If you could post more screens, (table, results) would be great. KUTGW mate

Yes they will come in time mate.

I've had such good results with this formation against a vareity of teams that only one tactic is needed. As i said people can always play with the defence line and width against really good teams.

I had to push the wingers up to striker positions, because I have no wingers in my team, but I'm giving it a shot and it's working pretty well so far. I've only played three games yet, but I've dominated all of them, only conceded from a stupid penalty and had lots of chances.

I had to push the wingers up to striker positions, because I have no wingers in my team, but I'm giving it a shot and it's working pretty well so far. I've only played three games yet, but I've dominated all of them, only conceded from a stupid penalty and had lots of chances.

Lol good to hear, time to buy some wingers though me thinks so they can help out in defence a little.

Hi Matt, how does this compare to your 442 (which I am using right now)?

Also, would this work with an EPL side? Any tweaks for bigger teams?

This is a completley different tactic from my 4-4-2 set. I just wanted to share a nice alternative to my other tactic, using a much more rigid approach to mentality. Also i believe this to be a tactic for the 'lazy' manager that doesn't like to change things around.

hi matt, do u thingh can work in italy? i'm gonna start with fiorentina....also did u put players on the playmaker list?

I don't see any reason why it can't work in any league. But to get the best out of it you need a few players that i mentioned in the first post.

And yes, tick the playmaker box and put in your playmaker.

Screens

2n830cy.jpg

In the game against bolton i fielded my second team, was leading 1-0 for 60 minutes of the game. Then they scored two quick goals and heads dropped.

My Attacking midfielder left. Pay attention to his jumping attribute, and his goals and average rating. AML is not his natural position, but he keeps arriving at the far post and getting on the end of crosses.

2qa747m.jpg

My attacking midfielder right. The real pace and explosive dribbler. Constantly getting behind the defensive line on the right, shooting or putting in crosses.

2s832ub.jpg

My striker, not totally blended into my team yet but hes quality. There is more to come from him.

ip39e1.jpg

Hey Mattbuck like the look of your tactic so im gonna give it a go with crewe, do you think clayton donaldson will be any good uprfont or do you think i need to buy someone else and did you play brandy on the right wing all the time because ive signed him an it looks like he banged in alot of goals.

Hey Mattbuck like the look of your tactic so im gonna give it a go with crewe, do you think clayton donaldson will be any good uprfont or do you think i need to buy someone else and did you play brandy on the right wing all the time because ive signed him an it looks like he banged in alot of goals.

Dude, play brandy on the right. Train him up as an AMR, he will dominate all teams in this position. He will create, he will score. He will also blast a lot of shots over the bar, but he gets so many chances he gets it right sooner or later.

Just took a look at Donaldson, cant see all his ratings but he looks perfect. Who do you plan on using for the playmaker and AML? A handy trick would be to give your playmaker 'tries killer balls often'.

Was gonna use ashley westwood because hes my favorite player along wid donaldson but he dont have that good creativity so do you think i should buy someone else and guess ill try and find someone tall for aml, do you think i should recall zola from burton because hes tall but he hasnt got much pace, hes a striker but ill learn him to play there, and brandy always used to do that on my old save think its mostly because of his crap composure.

Was gonna use ashley westwood because hes my favorite player along wid donaldson but he dont have that good creativity so do you think i should buy someone else and guess ill try and find someone tall for aml, do you think i should recall zola from burton because hes tall but he hasnt got much pace, hes a striker but ill learn him to play there, and brandy always used to do that on my old save think its mostly because of his crap composure.

Westwood looks a perfect player for playmaker.

As for AML, not sure about zola. I'd go for one of these two players (if they will join you)

Kieran Djillall - season long loan from crytsal palace, if he rejects try 6-7month loan.

Enoch Showunmi - bacckup player at Tranmere so a good chance they will sell him.

Try to get Oliver Norwood on loan from man utd, he would be a perfect playmaker for you.

Getting the most out of this formation

Start of Pre-Season. Put match prep at 100% until you see this level of fluid on my tactic.

10scj8x.jpg

Once that is at fluid, check team talk feedback. Once you see "The players are blending well" you can put match prep down to 10% and leave it there forever.

Until these two conditions have been met you will never get 100% best possible results.

Getting the most out of this formation

Start of Pre-Season. Put match prep at 100% until you see this level of fluid on my tactic.

10scj8x.jpg

Once that is at fluid, check team talk feedback. Once you see "The players are blending well" you can put match prep down to 10% and leave it there forever.

Until these two conditions have been met you will never get 100% best possible results.

MAtt once you are at that stage, do you then change the special focus areas from none to team blend to aid team blending? And then onces the team is blended, do you then change the special focus area again? If so, what to?

Thanks

MAtt once you are at that stage, do you then change the special focus areas from none to team blend to aid team blending? And then onces the team is blended, do you then change the special focus area again? If so, what to?

Thanks

Once formation is at fluid and your assistant says your team is blending well i leave it on none, and at 10%. This will ensure you players start spending most of their time training and reaching their potential. Once they are blending well they can blend even more over time.

Big fan of your last tactic, but as a self confessed lazy manager this sounds like a nice alternative, I like the idea of the system too. I wish I had spotted it before starting my Championship season, but i'm going to introduce it to my match preperation and give it a go once my team are comfortable with it.

Big fan of your last tactic, but as a self confessed lazy manager this sounds like a nice alternative, I like the idea of the system too. I wish I had spotted it before starting my Championship season, but i'm going to introduce it to my match preperation and give it a go once my team are comfortable with it.

Glad to hear it mate, let me know how you get on.

I have just finished my season, I havent lost a game but still didnt score allot. I am now tweaking it a bit hoping that I score more and still concede allmost nothing.

This is the table.

tablema.jpg

Wow, that is incredible.

I think this is probably the most effective tactic ive ever used. Seeing your results has helped to confirm this, thanks for the feedback.

Behanger congrats on your success.. how did your team play in Europe?

I have finsihed second in the cl group, with chelsea, Copenhagen and Benfica. The lost in the next round from Sevilla. I didnt bought any players in the first season.

I am now on my work, I will post a screen when I am at home.

Screen from the CL

73067221.jpg

It would be nice if some of the people who said they would try it out would post some feedback. :(

Anyway im ready to release the next and probably final version of this tactic. Nothing too dramatic has changed. The tactic still dominates, and creates a ton of clear cut chances every game.

Changes

Tweaked creative feedom for transition and attack phase players

Tweaked mentality of MCL, bringing him inline with the othe transition players. But he keeps his RFD to make late runs into the box.

Tweaked playmaker settings, bringing him into the game more

Download Links

http://rapidshare.com/files/455741501/4-5-1_Matt__Bristol_Rovers__Sep_2014_.tac

or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d7iqyr

Using your original tactic Matt and dominating as Man City (I know) In my 3rd season now, in the league P:9 W:8 D:0 L:1 Scored 25 Conceded 4. I'll let you know how the rest of the season goes but I can't speak highly enough of your tactic atm

Using your original tactic Matt and dominating as Man City (I know) In my 3rd season now, in the league P:9 W:8 D:0 L:1 Scored 25 Conceded 4. I'll let you know how the rest of the season goes but I can't speak highly enough of your tactic atm

Thanks Dave, may i suggest you try out the new version.

Also, when playing against a top team, or trying to see out a game i make the following changes. Put run from deep to rarely for MCL, DL/DR, and put width to Narrow, and defensive line to deep, and time wasting to often.

Noticed that this Thread has died out a bit? Is this tactic working well for everyone using it?

Yep its a shame, its working really well for me. Got bristol rovers into the premiership with a league 1 squad. Sadly people downloaded it and never posted any feedback. :(

First season.

I won Blue Square Bet Premier and FA Trophy.

This tactic is working great!

Thanks Matt!

Good to hear mate.

I have a new version of the tactic, not much was changed just a few minor tweaks here and there but its defintely better.

Three versions, Defend, narrow width and Deep Def Line. Normal, Balanced width, tempo, and fast, quick tempo and wide width.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/13iuq8

Archived