Why I hate referees.

Yeah... I know what you mean. Seems like you had bad luck in the referee that was assigned to the match or there was a lot of challenges.

In a CL semi-final i've played an away match against Man Utd. I was defending a 3-2 result of the 1st match, so I couldn't afford to go gentle and spare my best players. The problem was that 5/6 of that players were 1 yc from being banned of the CL final, if i get there. I've draw 1-1 but i was totally berserk with the referee as he showed my players an enormous quantity of yc and made 4 of my best players to miss the final. I was playing normal tackling and not too much closing down because i was on the counter all the game.

Well, I did lose the final. So i blamed the referee for that. I think that some referees are more willing to show yellow/red cards them others. They have atributes too...

Yeah... I know what you mean. Seems like you had bad luck in the referee that was assigned to the match or there was a lot of challenges.

In a CL semi-final i've played an away match against Man Utd. I was defending a 3-2 result of the 1st match, so I couldn't afford to go gentle and spare my best players. The problem was that 5/6 of that players were 1 yc from being banned of the CL final, if i get there. I've draw 1-1 but i was totally berserk with the referee as he showed my players an enormous quantity of yc and made 4 of my best players to miss the final. I was playing normal tackling and not too much closing down because i was on the counter all the game.

Well, I did lose the final. So i blamed the referee for that. I think that some referees are more willing to show yellow/red cards them others. They have atributes too...

Wow! I'm sorry man. In the next 5 games, I had 4 more red cards at least. The funny thing is, previous to that game, we never got one red. I have to play Olympique Lyonnais in the first knockout round, and I hope I'll have at least a few players left XD.

In a vital match for the play-offs, both my CBs were sent off by the 75th minute, I played the rest of the match with no CBs against a 4-2-4 and held on to my 1-0 lead as well as dominating :D

Wow, nice win, in my match it was two central defenders that went off I believe. Either that or one Central Defender and one Corner Back.

Wow! I'm sorry man. In the next 5 games, I had 4 more red cards at least. The funny thing is, previous to that game, we never got one red. I have to play Olympique Lyonnais in the first knockout round, and I hope I'll have at least a few players left XD.

I think that your team is now seen by the referees as an agressive team. Ahahaahaha...

I don't know if there's a term in english to call them, but in portuguese i would say that they are a bunch of "sarrafeiros". Someone that in the pitch is always making bad faults (like Gattuso, for example) and doesn't let the others play the game. I'm joking, of course.

I don't have problems with the red cards whatsoever. Only 2/3 in a season. But yellow cards is different, specially in the CL. But because this kind of things only happen to me once in a while, I'm ok with it.

I've never had a game where the refs had that much influence. Matter of fact, I've never had more than one red card in a single match (Did have one where there was one red to each team, though).

But I did have a grudge against the ref in one particular match, where they awarded the opposition a dodgy penalty 6 minutes in. We couldn't break them down - and the penalty ended up being the difference as we lost 1-2. It happened to be Ireland's main cup competition so I wasn't happy.

Archived