How often do you use the default keybinds the game has?

Do you use the keybinds?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the keybinds?

• Lots of them, all the time
    • Some of them, all the time
    • Lots of them, but only rarely
    • Some of them and only rarely
    • Not really
    • The game has keybinds?

I voted for using some keys often.

Ocassionally I use the space bar to 'continue' game, but I nearly always use the F keys to navigate the main menu screens. I find the icons at the top of the screen a tad small and fiddly at times and the F keys give me quick access to the screen I want quickly.

In the latest FM's (FM10 and 11) with the new, more cluttered U.I., I find the F keys almost vital at times. :)

Well, the ones I use all the time are:

Spacebar: Continue

F3: Squad screen

F4: Inbox

F5: Player Search

I also use the back/forward keys, but not all that often

Pretty sure they are all listed in game - possibly somewhere on the preferences menus.

Yeah, I do Ctrl-S sometimes too actually. :thup:

The only time I don't save with Ctrl+S is when I need to "save as..." although there is a shortcut for that too (Ctrl+Shift+S, just like in other apps).

I'm definitely a keyboard fetishist - I'm absolutely irate that the application we use to write our documents at work has removed all the shortcuts to be replaced by a crappy ribbon (and ribbons are the worst UI invention of the last few years, combining the worst of menus and toolbars without any advantages). It means my work now takes significantly longer :(

I'm also a serial saver (save early, save often), so I'm always pressing Ctrl+S whatever I'm doing. I must use the shortcut a few thousand times a week across all applications :)

I use them all. I wish I could assign my own. Like for Squad Selections, I'd like to assign CTRL1 to pick my first team, then CTRL2 for 2nd string and CTRL 3 for youngsters. Perhaps CTRL 9 for getting the Ass Man to Fill the squad.

I have always found keyboard shortcuts to be the most efficient way to get about in any computer programme.

It's really pathetic in my eyes that SI hasn't allowed the user to assign their own KBSC.

It goes to your profile page on overview with stuff like next fixtures, your position in the league table as well as the list of people with a relationship with you. I use it after press conferences to see who reacted well (just out of interest).

Cheers. Might try that one next time I'm on FM.. :thup:

Almost tempted to make a list so that I can try some of these out.

Urgh - I knew someone would say that.

You can change them. But you can't give a keyboard shortcut to something that is not in that list.

I use computer programmes that have 1000's of commands and you assign a KBSC to any product area of the programme.

For instance, in FM11 (as I said already) you can't assign a KBSC to the Squad Selections that you save.

This would be easy to implement - when you Save the Selection it asks to use a KBSC and you press the combo of keys you want to use.

Then when you go to match day and playing in a cup game against a team 4 divisions below you press CTRL 3 and it loads in the youth players you've presaved. Saves going through menu items. And it can be a real time saver for a mundane task.

That would be really nice if SI were to implement something like that. Another good use along the same vein would be if you could assign a KBSC to a custom squad view or player search view, perhaps even to saved search filters.

Archived