Highest wage?

Leo Messi was coming to the end of his contract and I approached to sign him he was 29 at the time I think. He wanted 325k a week plus £10 million agent fee and £8 million signing on, I could offer 225k a week at most and although I tried several times I could not get him to lower then 280k a week.

I've managed to sign Vidal for 1/3 of what he wanted inicially. Plus reduction in all the others fees across the board and the removal of others. Don't ask me how because i'm still figuring out how i did that. He inicially wanted something like 170k€/w and finally accepted 60k/w. He's new wage is better them the older, so it could be that.

Is very unlikely that a player would accept a wage reduction if he thinks that is still a very good player. When they reach 32y and start to decline them it's possible that they would accept a wage reduction. I've seen that.

In the case of Messi them i think that this is very realistic. Probably he has a very high loyalty rating (20?) and Barça are one of is favourite clubs, so he only leaves Barça if you offer him a lot of cash or if barça doesn't offer him a new contract.

I've managed to sign Vidal for 1/3 of what he wanted inicially. Plus reduction in all the others fees across the board and the removal of others. Don't ask me how because i'm still figuring out how i did that. He inicially wanted something like 170k€/w and finally accepted 60k/w. He's new wage is better them the older, so it could be that.

Is very unlikely that a player would accept a wage reduction if he thinks that is still a very good player. When they reach 32y and start to decline them it's possible that they would accept a wage reduction. I've seen that.

In the case of Messi them i think that this is very realistic. Probably he has a very high loyalty rating (20?) and Barça are one of is favourite clubs, so he only leaves Barça if you offer him a lot of cash or if barça doesn't offer him a new contract.

initially, he didn't want to enter negotiations with me, I had to intervene and take over Barcelona, offer him mutual termination (the board blocked it) to make him unhappy enough just to be able to negotiate.

My star midfielder is on 24,000 euros.

A year :p

(Limerick, in the Ireland Premier Division)

I'm happy to see that only if we "cheat" Messi will leave Barça. It's very real.

I think that, at this time, there is no Barca without Messi and there is no Messi without Barca. It makes no sense for him ever to play anywhere else.

I just sold my highest paid player, newgen brazilian striker Gauchó, he had a weekly wage of €350,000. His agent felt hatred towards me so upon offering him a new contract, he wanted €750k. So I had to sell him. He was aging anyway so no probs, and I have new blood fighting to get in.

If you looked at my earlier post, you'll find that I only cheated for this particular save cause I was bored ;)

Of course, mate. I wasn't implying anything. I was only giving the credits to FM developers for getting this thing right.

Archived