Very Annoying Occurrences in 11.3

I am playing with the full Scottish leagues, and top flight of England, Spain, Germany and Italy.

I started off at Montrose - predicted to finish bottom of the bottom league in Scotland.

Two things:

1. 1st Season: 1st 2nd Season: 1st 3rd Season: 2nd 4th Season: 1st 5th Season: 3rd - in the Scottish Premier League behind Celtic and Rangers of course. (Only one team goes up from the Scottish First Division - that's why the third season didn't see me promoted)

In all that time - despite VASTLY overachieving I was never once linked with another job. Not offered, mind you, never even linked! I applied for a couple of jobs - like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs and was laughed off!

I assume that this was because at the beginning of the game I chose 'automatic' for past experience. But come on, ridiculous.

I managed to land the Czech U21 job and then the Cameroon job. Which leads me on to my second point...

2. Chose my squad for the Africa Nations 2017, confirmed, and commented upon in the media. Then when I had to assign my squad numbers for the tournament it was a different squad! Obviously about two-thirds of the players were the same but it had chosen three wingers (I don't play with wingers!), and dropped a keeper, and only picked three strikers (I play with three strikers!).

Eh?

I quit Montrose and waited a year while managing Cameroon and applying for any jobs in higher divisions. I was eventually offered the Motherwell job. They were languishing in 6th in the Scottish First Division. First full season we are top approaching the end. Still never been linked with any job.

Can anybody shed light on these?

Another annoying thing was that the original thread of this was closed by a moderator for bad language even though there was no ACTUAL bad language in it.

I agree that getting/being linked with new jobs is extremely hard in FM11 when you start with your reputation as automatic.

I can only go on my save with Hereford Utd:

1st Season: 5th (lost in 91st minute in the play off final).......................was expected to finish 18th.

2nd Season: 4th (lost in semi finals of play offs)....................................was expected to finish 12th.

3rd Season: currently top in January 11 points clear.............................expected to achieve play off position.

I have completely changed the finances of the club, we have paid off a £1.1 million pound loan and we now have a blance of +£600,000 as I sold 2 players for £250,000 each (signed them on frees).

Despite all of this I am never linked with any other jobs and when I apply for either decent League 1 teams or very struggling Chamionship teams Iam laughed at completely.

My reputation is National and has been for ages, people who get the jobs over me are normally Regional.

Doesn't make sense and really affects a career game.

i have been linked with a job at swindon and stevenage and im currently in my 2nd season with queens park in scottish 2nd division i finished 3rd in my first season and got promoted via play offs, i personally have no problem with getting offerd jobs and my reputation started as automatic and when i go on my profile its says my rep is regional...

i also got offerd a job at leyton orient but declined :)

one day ill be bigger than celtic and rangers :)

Same here, also on automatic. I'm getting really frustrated with this game, but one can't just stop a savegame of 10 seasons can one?

I finished 1st in dutch 4th tier in my second season (expected bottom), no interest. Resingned, no interest. Apply to all holiday, got the job at english 8th level after two months. Did badly 1st season, applied elswhere once and got sacked. Applied to all again. Another english 8th tier club wanted me after a month. Two seasons in top five (way above expectations) and Isthmian league cup winners, no interest. Resingned, no interest. Apply to all holiday again. Took a full season before the first club offered me a contract, again in 4th tier of my native Holland. Took the job. Now entering my 5th season at this club. Every season I'm expected to finish bottom, but did 13th, 6th, 6th an 2nd (only champions get promoted). My rep says regional, but never any interest what so ever. I'm fed up with this club so I apply a lot lately. Newcomers in begian and french 3th and german 4th tier, english 7th tier, scandinavian 3th tier. They all laugh at me. I apply to all the lowest leagues I have loaded (exept for english 8th and dutch 4th). When clubs like Reinickendorfer Füchse (would have loved to manage there, the clubname alone..), Corinthian Casuals, or Veldwezelt don't want you, you really have a problem...

It wouldnt be so bad if I had the feeling it was because of my achievements that no-one wants me, but the feeling is creeping up that it's because of an error in FM that it is like this, and that's really frustrating.

Well, in a way it's reassuring to know that it's just not me who has been suffering from what can only be an oversight on the part of SI.

Next game I'll just have to put in ex-pro and see if it makes any difference.

Maybe it's an 11.3 thing because on 11.2 I was getting linked and offered jobs all the time so perhaps they thought it was too much and have overcompensated.

I think FM2011 is great, love the depth, love the match engine.

This is annoying though.

Also, has anyone noticed that the away fans also needs to be altered? When playing with Cardiff in the Premier League the away section was NEVER full, home or away. Even if Man U were visiting.

Small oversights that can be annoying.

BTW: I am linked to certain jobs, and all of two tiers (or higher) higher profile. I was even among the possibilities for the Vitesse Arnhem job, then 4th in Dutch premier league (I'm in 4th tier). Never ever got an offer though.

timcliffsmith

There was absolutely no need to word your previous thread title as you did and since it is against the forum rules, it was closed. Just because there is a swear filter doesnt give any poster the go ahead to swear:thup:

timcliffsmith

There was absolutely no need to word your previous thread title as you did and since it is against the forum rules, it was closed. Just because there is a swear filter doesnt give any poster the go ahead to swear:thup:

You could also say there was absolutely no need to close a perfectly good post because you couldnt be bothered to edit two things (as you pointed out) It would probably have taken just as much time. But now instead we have two threads instead of one.

I understand about the swearing rules, but the OP was actually pretty decent and not the usual rant you would expect from a title like that :thup:

You could also say there was absolutely no need to close a perfectly good post because you couldnt be bothered to edit two things (as you pointed out) It would probably have taken just as much time. But now instead we have two threads instead of one.

I understand about the swearing rules, but the OP was actually pretty decent and not the usual rant you would expect from a title like that :thup:

Who said anything about not being bothered to edit the original thread? I chose not to do that to explain to the OP what the issue was with it, so please get back on topic.

FrazT, I agree with you about swearing. What you don't realise, and of course would have no way of realising, was that I put in the stars myself in place of swear words. The only place where the auto-filter kicked in was where I wrote - how can I put it? - "male chicken-up!"

And that strikes me as rather puritanical, doesn't it you?

FrazT, I agree with you about swearing. What you don't realise, and of course would have no way of realising, was that I put in the stars myself in place of swear words. The only place where the auto-filter kicked in was where I wrote - how can I put it? - "male chicken-up!"

And that strikes me as rather puritanical, doesn't it you?

You did nothing wrong mate. Obviously you swore but its not the biggest crime in the world. At least your OP wasnt a pointless rant and you did have a point. It is funny though that my point about the best course of action to take regarding your first thread was deleted :rolleyes: I guess using common sense is frowned upon on these forums :rolleyes:

This has done my head in. I have had one of the best careers I ever have in FM on this years version, now into 2016. But its all ruined by the fact nobody wants to offer me that next step forward.

I took Bradford from League 2 to the Championship where I moved to my beloved Sheff Utd. I turned them around building them up nicely, finally managing a Champions League spot. But still nobody outside of the Championship will entertain me. Now i am considering starting again but thinking it will probably just happen again.

i noticed a big change since the patch in this respect, after 11 years now with aberdeen i have in the last 2 seasons turned down man city, juve, and various mid table spanish clubs, before the patch i only had 2 job offers from russian clubs, and i got offered the newcastle job after applying, although they have since slipped into league 1 because they are completely bankrupt.

Archived