Tactic always does rubbish after mid November

First off, I know this is not problerm with game but with me.

But 9 times out of 10 whatever tactic I am using for the club I am with will work up until about November, strikers will score freely, defence will be good, good avg ratings etv, but after November I go from that to not being able to beat anyone, strikers not scoring and conceding left right and centre.

Now I know about over-confidence and team talks and how the al have wised upto me a bit and maybe plays differently against me now, but everything I try just does not work, does not matter if I am a crap team doing well or with a team I am expected to do well with.

One thing Ive noticed is teams don't park the bus against me when I am doing very well, even if I am a top team, they seem to just attack me even more and wider and tgheir full backs get forward like wingers, which is a bit weird, but even if I try and be more defensive (I normally play attacking) and counter attack it doesn't seem to work.

I just cannot seem to consitently get a tactic to work for a season.

I have had similar type situations but my tatics that I normally use usually suffer 'blips' rather than a full scale crisis.

Normally I will be doing very well and then I will have a period of time where I can't score for toffee and can't defend even against 5 year olds.

In these situations I have found that tweaking the tactics slightly in some way to make sure they are different but not neccesarily vastly different has helped.

For example in my current save I play a Christmas Tree Formation 4-3-2-1 and over time it was apparent when watching the games that teams were finding me out, I kept everything the same but had an attacking mentality from the start of every game and my team settings set to 'more expressive'.............I found this put teams on the back foot from the off and as soon as I took the lead I would change to 'Counter' and the team settings to 'More Disciplined'.

When I see teams are starting to find me out I just make these type of tweaks and in my games it has helped things only be a blip.

The thing that pees me off about this is that it always seems to coincide with your team reaching Fluid ratings with the tactic. Surely logic dictates an increase in performance when that happens, but no, it always decreases, with exactly the symptoms you describe - average ratings drop drastically, strikers stop scoring, unable to beat even poor teams.

The thing that pees me off about this is that it always seems to coincide with your team reaching Fluid ratings with the tactic. Surely logic dictates an increase in performance when that happens, but no, it always decreases, with exactly the symptoms you describe - average ratings drop drastically, strikers stop scoring, unable to beat even poor teams.

I have noticed that as well, its a great game but so infuriating for me.

Archived